Glock Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The same that I use for CCW. Generally i like Winchester Silver tips plus I have Black Talon in my 45s.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Also here is a good article comparing several manufactures ammo in weight and brand for both rifle and pistol you will notice that the HST out performed the other rounds tested in most of the categories. However, since the same round is not a good fit for everyone due to many variables it's also a good way to determine what round may be the right fit for your particular situation.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Varies by what gun I have in my hand, could be Balck talons, Ranger T-series, Hydrashock, critical defense. Oh, and Hornady Tap in the 12 GA.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hornaday Critical defense in everything I carry or for home defense. If its a full moon, well then I use Zombie Max from Hornaday! LOL

·
Registered
655 Posts
Lately I have some Federal HST 230gr JHP lovelies. I got a good deal on some from a buddy so I picked them up. Shot about 100 rounds through the G30, and decided that was what I was going to carry. The Winchester Ranger series was nice too, and I really liked the Hornaday CD (Zombie Max is the way to go just to be a smart ass).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks guys, now I gotta buy my g36 next instead of the saiga in .223 that haunts my dreams... hahaha.... For now I am running corbon plus p 115g jhp's in my g26 with the glock plus extension at home, and the flush 10 round mags with federal 124g jhp's when I am out exploring the world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie to this site and this is my first post. I just bought my first Glock this past wkend and I'm running Critical Duty 135gr +p. I run that load thru the other two 9s I have and is not as harsh as the carry load on my .45.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Whatever you use make sure you have shoot and no shoot areas predetermined. If something can kill a BG then it can kill your wife, kids or neighbors. Sheet rock has little stopping power and unless the bullet his something solid it will keep on going. I read an article where I man had an ND and it went through his house and into the neighbors and lodged in their living room wall.
I went through my house and determined all the places that I can shoot and not worry about overshot injuring someone else or penetrate the barrier

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Uh, sir, would you mind standing over there so I can safely shoot you?

;) Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes:
Honey; I got him but Johnny got it too... but I got him!
See this reminds me of a story my uncle told me one time. he had a friend that just watched a dirty harry movie and went out and bought a .S&W44 mag. so one night he hears a noise in the lower room of his split level home and grabs his gun and runs down just to see a man in his living room. He yells he has a gun and the BG starts to run for the front door.
The H/O opens fire and empty’s the gun on the BG as he is exiting. The H/O turns on a light and sees nothing so he goes out front into the yard and still sees nothing. Gun in his hand and smoke coming out the barrel and a big ol' grin on his face and he's thinking "I hope I got that guy". He turns to walk inside just to see 6 huge holes in his house where he blew off all the bricks and the interior light coming through. He didn't get the BG but what he got was a $10,000 for repairs to the house.
I remember that story every time someone talks about big loads and hot ammo in an enclosed environment

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use hornady critical defense for my glock 23

1 - 19 of 19 Posts