Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I havent used them to cause "Critical" damage to anything, but I have fired a few boxes through various guns. I like em!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have recently read an article on them and plan to buy some in the near future.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Shot paper with them, good shooting round. Like my Black Talons better though.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Seem to have consistent expansion, but not enough to make me switch from Speer Gold Dots.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I shot a box last week at the range my g19 ate them fine
But then again what doesn't the glock eat lol. I am still sticking with my speer gold dots though

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No real world experience with them...hope to never have any, but I like them for my LCP...the .380 needs all the help it can get...Gold dot for me as well, in my primary guns...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Critical Duty looks to be promising, as well...in 9mm and .40, for now...

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Shot paper with them, good shooting round. Like my Black Talons better though.
Ditto on the Black Talon's...great round, especially in a revolver! Rangers are great too!

Personally, in a G-23, I prefer Hornady's XTP JHP round...very accurate with moderate recoil!

Their FTX round is nice, but has a pretty snappy recoil! Hot round!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Would you mind educating a newbie regarding what makes the Speer Gold Dots a superior round? I'm just curious. The LGS recommended the Critical Duty rounds when I bought our two CCW guns... and I didn't know enough to challenge the recommendation.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Would you mind educating a newbie regarding what makes the Speer Gold Dots a superior round? I'm just curious. The LGS recommended the Critical Duty rounds when I bought our two CCW guns... and I didn't know enough to challenge the recommendation.
[video=youtube_share;ViDQzImIjtk]http://youtu.be/ViDQzImIjtk[/video]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Watch that vid ZK posted; tnoutdoors9 has a lot of good sim tests from various ammo loads.

Nothing wrong with CD, but they tend to give up expansion compared to Gold Dots, Rangers and HSTs. They're also more expensive since you can't buy them in 50-round boxes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gold dot for me as well, in my primary guns...
What he said, Gold dot's +P 124 gr, have worked well on both Gen-4's G-26 and G-19...

I may try the Speer Gold dot +P 124 gr short barrel stuff for the G-26 down the road...

I'm stick-en with the Gold dots...:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts