Glock Forum banner

How do we carry?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rowabi 
#1 ·
I was wondering how everyone carried there Glock? I carry my Sig P229 hammer down and round in the chamber. Do you guys that carry your Glock have a round in the chamber? I have heard pros and cons about both ways. If I am going to carry my Glock I would carry with a round in the chamber, understanding that this a different animal then the Sig but that is how I feel comfortable. I think that there will have to be some training involved but that is no big deal training only makes up better and that much more prepared for the worst.

Trey

#2 ·
I have carried my Glock with a round in the chamber for the past 25 years. Just as safe as any gun as long as you keep you finger off the trigger. The only con I can think of is that if you didn't carry with a round in the chamber then you would have to take the vital time to rack one before you could use your weapon. The Glock has so many redundant safety's that there's no need to carry on an empty chamber.

#4 ·
Always with a round in the chamber. Your trigger finger is the best safety if it's well trained. If you are uncomfortable with this, pick up one of those trigger blocks at your lgs, it fits behind the trigger, and totally removes any possibility of an A.D. and it pops out in a millisecond when you are ready to shoot.

#5 ·
I don't think I will have any trouble carrying with a round in the chamber. I was just curious as to whether or not it was the preferred method with Glocks. I ordered a Theis Holster this week and can't wait for it to get here. I feel that this holster helps out with the safety of carrying a loaded weapon due to the fact that it covers the trigger of the gun.

Thanks for all of the info. I feel that the more knowledge that one posses the better off they are in a situation that requires quick thinking, and this paired with training makes for one hell of a dangerous threat for all the BG out there.

#9 ·
I think that your main safety (your brain) needs to be engaged first and for most. Then it just comes down to training/practice. I am glad to know that a round in the chamber is the method of choice. To me that is the safest option and the way I feel most comfortable.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: rowabi
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.