Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a GL-21 for my gen 3 Glock 21 a few days ago for one HECK of a deal (NIB for $200) and was wondering if the glock lights are as durable as the guns? Of course the Glock reputation is that they can take a beating far beyond a few trips to the range each month and I've seen the "torture tests" that the guns endure but can the light/laser combo hold up to rain, heat, cold, and maybe an occasional drop?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
They are good lights/ lasers; they have to stand up to hard recoiling time and time again. Look it up but someone said putting Chap Stick on the light lenses and the outer ring will keep the gun powder residue from sticking and make it easier to clean

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No light is as durable as a Glock pistol...If you are bad about dropping, it doesn't matter what kind of light you get, you'll break something on it before you break the gun. One drop can ruin a light...and chap stick aint gonna fix that..lol....Having said that, they are relatively durable comparatively speaking...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the chap stick will keep your lips from cracking as you cry over a $200.00 light/laser you just broke ....lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know, I figured if it had the Glock name on it then the quality of engineering and design would be on up there. I don't plan on dropping it or running it through a wood chipper any time soon but there again anything could happen. I've put about 40 rounds through it with the light attached to adjust the laser to the range I wanted it at and the light didn't get to dirty. A quick wipe down and it was good to go again. I wonder how much chapstick would fit in a magazine pouch.....

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I read that about (the chap stick) on a police Webb site, they were having a problem cleaning the lenses of the lights after a shooting when someone came up with this idea so I am just passing it along

1 - 7 of 7 Posts