Glock Forum banner

How many mags are enough?

9K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  rowabi 
I agree with the "as many as you can afford" concept. However with that said, Glock has substantially increased the prices of their magazines in recent years. Just 4 years ago I purchased 20, 13 round Hi-Cap original Glock factory magazines for my 2 Glock 21's from Natchez Shooters Supply for just $13.99 apiece. Today they are well into the $20+ range for the exact same magazine.

Even with the price increase they, (Glock factory magazines), are still cheaper than most. For example when I purchased my Sig P-226 SCT, (Super Capacity Tactical), it shipped with 4, 20 round magazines. I then purchased a Sig P-226 Stainless Elite. I bought 4, 20 magazines for it at a cost of $54.00 each. Magazines for H&K pistols can run even higher than that. For a 31 round magazine for my H&K USP 9 they want $150.00 for one! By comparison factory Glock 33 rounders can be had for just $35.00 each when on sale from Midway.

Magazines are somewhat of a disposable item. Based on that it pays to have as many as possible, or at least as many as one can afford with the current economy. Also, with the current Democratic leadership, one never knows if or when they'll try to push another Hi-Cap magazine ban. Bill T.
Get as many hi-caps as you can now, because if our current president does get re-elected, you can bet they won't be legal again unless you are L.E.

I see that prices have already begun to rise on ammo now, I don't know it it's because the election is around the corner and they are trying to make as much as they can or there has been more regulation pushed down on the manufacturers.
Prices have been going up and availability has been going down since this administration took control. As a dealer, a couple of years ago, I was trying to put together an order for ammunition for several customers with my distributor and just about everything on my order was not in stock, my salesman said they never know what and how much will be coming in at any given time. This was all for popular plinking/practice ammo ie; 9mm, .45, .38, 5.56, 7.62... see a pattern here? I asked him why it was so scarce and why the wholesale prices were so high, and he told me that his company had just had a meeting with the big three ammo mfgr's. --Winchester, federal, and remington about this problem and their answer was chilling-- the government basically told them to keep the availabity of those popular calibers low to the retailers or they would suffer losses in their military contracts-PERIOD! It's the same type of thing the Gov. did to Colt--stop making those little Mustangs and pony's etc. or we will get our M-16 & M-4 rifles from someone else. If that's not gun control thru politics, then I don't know what it is. Remember 5 years ago you could get a case of 1000 rds. of 7.62X39 for around $100.00 and now it's $300.00? That's cuz they tripled the import tariff on all that stuff. I guess I'm ranting:mad: but it's only gonna get worse.

The same thing here in Richmond. Every show I've been to this year has had a 15-20 minute line to get in the door. The nut jobs are out there planning violence in the streets. The smart ones are preparing the right way.
Seeing the same thing here in MASS. You can practically 'feel' the tension and uncertainty in the air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.