Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I saw a thread relating to this, but I cannot find it.

Just purchased some more mags and some ammo (so I can experiment with different types at the range), and I'm curious. I've seen AR owners with over 50 mags. What do you have? Do you keep them loaded?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have Gen 4 G22 with 8 mags to load and take to the range and 3 mags loaded with personal defense ammo. I sometimes go by a indoor range after work and with 8 loaded mags that gives me plenty rounds to shoot while I am there without reloading mags.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Lost all mine in a boating accident..with all my firearms and ammo... :( :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have at least 3 or more for every Glock and about 8 or so for my G21 SF RTF2.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I have 6 mags for my AR, 4 for my VZ58. With handguns it depends on what I use the gun for. About 6 mags for guns I would use in a match.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The latest inventory as of 10/26/12. It is amazing how many you can acquire and not realize it.
BTW, I do not think I am finished yet, as I want a couple more for my S&W 5906.
Total = 65 magazines, 8 speedloaders, 4 speedstrips

Sig Sauer M400 .223/5.56
10 ea. Magpul 30 rd. PMAGs in OD Green with Ranger Plates.
1 ea. Magpul 30 rd. PMAG in Foliage Green.
6 ea. USGI 30 rd. mags.
2 ea. Bushmaster 30 rd. mags.

Sig Sauer P250F 9mm = 9 – 17 rd. Sig Factory mags.

Sig Sauer P250C .45 ACP = 4 – 9 rd. Sig Factory mags.

Sig Sauer P250SC 9mm = 3 – 12 rd. Sig Factory mags, 3 – 15 rd. Sig Factory mags. w/ X-Grip adapters.

Glock 21 .45 ACP = 2 – 13 rd. Glock Factory mags with Pearce grip adapters, 4 – 13 rd. Glock Factory mags with +2 baseplates, 1 – 27 rd. Scherer mag.

Glock 30 .45 ACP = 4 – 10 rd. Glock Factory mags.

Glock 23 .40 S&W = 5 - 13 rd. Glock Factory mags.

S&W Model 22A-1 .22LR = 4 – 10 rd. S&W Factory mags.

S&W Model 5906 9mm = 2-15 rd. Factory mags

S&W Model 4516-1 .45 ACP = 5-7rd. Factory mags

S&W Model 67-1 .38 Special = 4 – 6 rd. HKS Model 10A Speedloaders

S&W Model 042 & Taurus Model 85 .38 Specials = 4 – 5 rd. HKS Model 36A Speedloaders, 4 speedstrips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have four mags each for my G19 and G26. I have three 30 rounders and three 10 round mags for my AK47. I have four 7 round mags for my Marlin .17 HMR, and three each for the Sig P238 and Taurus TCP.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I only have the two mags that came with each of my Glocks. I have an uncounted number of mags for 1911s, but not a huge number. I generally only keep one mag loaded and in my bedroom gun. Paranoid though I may be, I figure that should be enough to either solve the "problem" or fight my way to a more effective zombie gun. When I go to the range with the bedroom gun, I usually shoot up the clip full of defensive ammo then reload that clip for subsequent strings. Hmmm... Maybe I should really use the other clip for most practice since my reloads tend to be dirtier than factory stuff. Glad you got me thinking about it!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have at least 6 for every gun i own. makes range time easier for me. some exceptions are g27 being my edc i have 6- 10 rd mags, 6 15 rd mags and 2 22rd mags, spread out in different places. sig p238 i have 14 mags because there only 6rds. m&p i have 14 only because smith ran specials when you bought the gun and got 2 free mags and sometimes the two mags and a 50.00 rebate and i bought 4 m&p's. and yes they are all loaded all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 5 Glock 21 mags (2 Loaded at all times) and I have 5 S&W CS9 mags. I have 3 Remington 770 mags ( 1 loaded at all times) and my mauser always has a stripper clip loaded(if that even counts for a mag

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have 6 mags for my AR, 4 for my VZ58. With handguns it depends on what I use the gun for. About 6 mags for guns I would use in a match.
Only 6 for the AR?? I think I would keep at least 10 or 12 30 rounders ready to rock! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have 3 for my 1861 army black powder

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Now is probably the time to get some more...especially in any mag /caliber over 10 rds...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Somewhere between 40 and 50, really don't feel like counting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have three Glocks and 10 mags for each. This allows me to compete in GSSF without reloading. I keep two mags each, loaded with Self Defence ammo in the house or when I carry at all times. That leaves 8 magazines free for the gun range. When I go to the gun range, I usually shoot 100 rds per gun, so I have enough magazines (8x13=104) to load up my magazines before I go to the range, and I do not have to load magazines at the range.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I got none, 0, nada, zilch, never seen one outside the forum pics, never even shot one either. I'm scared of them guns that can go through metal detectors and are made of ceramics.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
...lol...had a few, until I recently lost them all in a boating accident...:( (..guns, ammo, mags...everything)

Now collecting slingshots... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts