Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have nor have I shot a 17, but I do own a 34 (same as 17 except longer barrel/slide). I like the 34 for range/home protection. I own a 19, and like it too for range/home protection. I like the 19 a bit more because I can, comfortably, daily CCW, inside the waistband, a 19. If you can't decide based on what feedback you get from this forum, go to the gunshop and handle both of them. Whatever one feels best in your hand - is the one you should get.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I cant decide on a glock 19 or 17 they both got great responses i want to use it for range / home protection what does everyone think.
If you're looking for a "one-gun-does-it-all", go with the G19.

If this will be only (or mainly) for range/HD, get the G17, and carry something else (like a G26).

edit: I just read in your other post that you carry a G22. In that case, I'd recommend the G19. It might just become your new carry pistol, moving the G22 to a nightstand role.

And welcome!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 17 and a 34. I love them for the range! That extra barrel gives you a bit more accuracy. I like bigger guns anyway. If you are not using the gun for CCW, or already have one for that reason, go with the longer slide gun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you're looking for a "one-gun-does-it-all", go with the G19.

If this will be only (or mainly) for range/HD, get the G17, and carry something else (like a G26).

edit: I just read in your other post that you carry a G22. In that case, I'd recommend the G19. It might just become your new carry pistol, moving the G22 to a nightstand role.

And welcome!
+1 on that from me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I currently own a 17, I have owned a few 19's and they both are Excellent pistols. Both would be good for range and HD. But if I was planning to CC it I would choose the 19. Just my 0.0002 cents. I will own another 19 hopefully with in the next year and I will be looking for a Gen2. Good luck with your choice. Dave

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I currently own a 17, I have owned a few 19's and they both are Excellent pistols. Both would be good for range and HD. But if I was planning to CC it I would choose the 19. Just my 0.0002 cents. I will own another 19 hopefully with in the next year and I will be looking for a Gen2. Good luck with your choice. Dave
If I could jump in here for a sec...why the Gen2..?..just curious...thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
If I could jump in here for a sec...why the Gen2..?..just curious...thanks
Fat fingers and the little finger grooves. Both of my current Glocks are gen 4's, I am trying to build up the guts to try and sand the finger grooves down on one of them and if sucessful then I will do it on the other one and then I would just get a Gen4 19. Having fat finger is a B**** at times!!! lololololol

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Fat fingers and the little finger grooves. Both of my current Glocks are gen 4's, I am trying to build up the guts to try and sand the finger grooves down on one of them and if sucessful then I will do it on the other one and then I would just get a Gen4 19. Having fat finger is a B**** at times!!! lololololol
OK...I can see that logic...Usually everyone wants the latest and greatest...I thought you were going in reverse, lol...cool......good luck!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hmmm...that's a thought. I'd say let's start suggesting such to CS, but when you're a half-million guns behind in production, I doubt that you'd get a lot of attention right now...Good thought, though. I doubt that Glock would want to get too deep in "custom options", but I'm sure that like yourself, there's others that like the older grip
style...an either/or would be cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts