Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating for some time now on getting a .45 ACP handgun. I have two Glocks already, 26 & 19 (both Gen4) but wanted a bigger caliber pistol. At first I thought I wanted to get a 1911 (Kimber) but then realized how heavy and hard to conceal those are. So then I decided to get another Glock but was torn between all the larger calibers. FINALLY bit the bullet and got a Glock 36 the other day and I LOVE IT!!! So fun to shoot and SO ACCURATE! I think it just might replace my G26 as my EDC - at least for awhile :)

Any others glad they got a G36 over any of the others (G30/G30SF)?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just got one a few weeks ago! I do love it! It's a great EDC! Congratulations! :)

Reactions: DrlSgt

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! The G36 is a great CCW handgun ! Mine is a keeper!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Now I just gotta get better groups with my 36. I have come to the conclusion that I must have been anticipating the recoil and pulling slightly and hitting 3-4 inches low right of target. Coming from the .40 that I was used to, I guess I expected the .45 to be a handful, but it isn't. Not bad at all! Just gotta get my mind believing that! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! I need to get more magazines for my G36. I'm thinking I still want the G30 (SF?) tho! I'll start saving now :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nice! I need to get more magazines for my G36. I'm thinking I still want the G30 (SF?) tho! I'll start saving now :)
place online called g t distributors has glock mags 21.95 brand new. cheapest i have found. as far as g30 and g30 sf i had both and you really can't notice the difference and i also called glock and asked them what was the difference, he said they just shaved a little bit off the grip in the back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that info! Good to know!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Grats on the new 36! I am still "evaluating options" for a compact with the 36 being the constant and the 27 currently being the other options. I love the idea of a compact .45ACP because I reload those and will no doubt practice more with it. My counterpoint is that the 27 is noticeably smaller in most dimensions and I've got other guns in .40 S&W.... But threads like this nudge my back to the 36. Maybe I should just take the plunge too. :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been eyeballing one for a few weeks now, I don't know how much longer I can holdout lol Congrats!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I've been contemplating for some time now on getting a .45 ACP handgun. I have two Glocks already, 26 & 19 (both Gen4) but wanted a bigger caliber pistol. At first I thought I wanted to get a 1911 (Kimber) but then realized how heavy and hard to conceal those are. So then I decided to get another Glock but was torn between all the larger calibers. FINALLY bit the bullet and got a Glock 36 the other day and I LOVE IT!!! So fun to shoot and SO ACCURATE! I think it just might replace my G26 as my EDC - at least for awhile :)

Any others glad they got a G36 over any of the others (G30/G30SF)?
Congrats...! Great Gun...I like the G30 SF grip over the G36 grip, but I like the G36 "slimness" better...
As to the Kimber, I didn't find the ProCarry 4" too heavy at 24 oz, but that full size frame/length of the 1911 is a little tougher to conceal than some of the Glocks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts