Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Glock 21 Gen 4 with a LASERMAX UNI-MAX Rail Mount LASER Unimax Green LMS-UNIG and a New Streamlight TLR-1S C4 LED Tactical Weapon Mount Light... The best lazer sight on the market and a tactical light that slides onto the bottom of the laser sight.. I plan to get a Glock gun cleaning kit do you guys know of what is the best one to get. Take care and Keep your glock ready rock.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Awesome...congrats! Not sure what you're looking for in a gun cleaning kit, but we've had a few discussions here about what we use on our Glocks...
I use Hoppe's bore cleaner, and Breakfree LCP...The only other thing would be a slide rail lube of your choice...Enjoy ! :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I finally got my Glock 21 Gen 4 with a LASERMAX UNI-MAX Rail Mount LASER Unimax Green LMS-UNIG and a New Streamlight TLR-1S C4 LED Tactical Weapon Mount Light... The best lazer sight on the market and a tactical light that slides onto the bottom of the laser sight.. I plan to get a Glock gun cleaning kit do you guys know of what is the best one to get. Take care and Keep your glock ready rock.
Congrats on the new purchase. I'm glad more green lasers are beginning to hit the market in more of a compact size. I prefer them over the red. A rod, swabs, brush, patches and Frog Lube will do you for a life time. I don't spend money on kits because they usually include crap I won't need anyway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I feel the same about cleaning kits. Usually a bunch of things I don't need. The bore brush that comes with the Glock works pretty good for me. For a cleaning rod and bore brush I like what comes in the box from Glock. I use only jacketed ammo so I don't need to brush it with anything stronger. Most of my Glocks have a Lone Wolf barrel for when I want to use my lead reloads. A toothbrush, q-tips, cleaning patches, Hoppes, and whatever good oil is pretty much it for me.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree about staying away from kits. The obvious is the bore brush, rod, tip for patches and patches. I have used CLP Breakfree for many years for cleaning and lubrication. Good Shooting and congrats on a great pistol.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I did invest in some nice metal dentist picks for the carbon buildup on some of my used guns I bought, but I only paid like $2 a piece at a gun show for them. I would suggest just make up your own kit. You will be much more satisfied in the end. Keep a small toolbox with everything in it for cleaning. ie pad, cloths, patches,solvents and lube, rods, brushes ect. Don't forget to pick up an extra rod for your range bag. Makes it much easier to clear the malfunction in case you have a stuck casing at the range.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I did invest in some nice metal dentist picks for the carbon buildup on some of my used guns I bought, but I only paid like $2 a piece at a gun show for them. I would suggest just make up your own kit. You will be much more satisfied in the end. Keep a small toolbox with everything in it for cleaning. ie pad, cloths, patches,solvents and lube, rods, brushes ect. Don't forget to pick up an extra rod for your range bag. Makes it much easier to clear the malfunction in case you have a stuck casing at the range.
+1 on that...great advice...especially on the extra rod for the range bag...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ziggie - okay man, I'm envious! Now I know what a real flock needs! Crap, there goes ny allowance for this month. Maybe I can get a loan from the wive? Nah, interest rate is ginormous with her!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts