Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bumper Camera accessory Finger Gadget Wood
A little love bite from the mag on my new g36 I got while out breaking her in yesterday...

Black Grey Gas Automotive tire Pattern
the little darling herself with her cousin g23...

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Branch Wood
This is where we shoot, about 5600ft up in the central cascade mountains of Washington. Thats my buddy setting up the cedar blocks for a little more knockdown power testing. A really cool spot to shoot at, we have tape measured out the area and have tags out in trees and stumps to about 150 yards. We will measure off another 100 past that so he can get the 270 dialed.

Both glocks were purchased this month, the g36 was purchased brand spanking new last thursday with a collection date of less than a month ago! It smelled so good... If you own one then you all ready know, but if you have never shot one or owned one you are missing out. Yesterday it ate 206 rounds with zero issues whatsoever. Such a shooter, we were both hitting targets at 70 yards no problem by about the third magazine. Amazing is all I can say. My new edc for sure.

The g23 is a le trade i picked up fresh back from glock earlier in the month. I was bitten on the bottom of the foot by a hobo spider july 22 and am just now back up and around, stupid necrotic venom. So the g23 is just now getting broken in as well. No problems with her either. Just eats whatever and looks sexy doing it.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and gets a chance to get out and do some shooting !

Sorry about any spelling errors, using my phone.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It does look like a great place to shoot and I will be willing to bet the weather is somewhat cooler there than here in North Texas this weekend. It is 3PM now and 95 degrees, forecast to hit 100.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was 85 with a breeze, alpine lakes in every direction, rivers and waterfalls. Days like yesterday make 8 months of rain well worth it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I guess every place has its drawbacks, all of the rain would hurt me as I love to ride the Harley, put a little over 100 miles on it today before the heat got too bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir, I just go with what works. I like being cold or a bit wet over the kind of heat you guys and gals get down in the south. Beautiful country down there, I just dont adjust well. Riding a bike 300 days a year would be so awesome. Between the weather and the greater Seattle area having the worst drivers in the country I cant justify nor do I have the cojones for riding a bike up here. Snowmobiles on the other hand....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats on your recovery. I love my 23C. I was actually intending to rent a G30 today to try out at the range but when I got there I realized I'd forgotten to bring any 45acp ammo. I sure wouldn't buy any at my range. The gun feels right and but I will never say I am sure until I've shot one. Either that or a 36 in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks JB, that bite from the hobo spider was insane, it was my first go around with necrotic venom. Kinda messed up to watch part of your body just dissolve over a 5 week period. Far from healed @6 weeks but the infection risk is all but gone. Just cant push it to hard. I have some savage photos of the wound, and a detailed treatment process that worked so well healthcare professionals have requested my notes, the treatment will work for brown recluse bites as well. If anyone wants the info or to see pics lmk... have a good one everybody, Im heading back up to the mountains to get another 200 through the g36

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
jbglock, as a suggestion you might want to try a G30SF also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got back up to the mountains to shoot on sunday, another 200 flawless rounds through the new g36 and 250 through the g23 with no issues. Did a full detail strip on the g36 last night and will be doing the same on the g23 tonight. Have any g36 owners noticed the trigger housing pin walking at all during shooting sessions of aprox. 200 rounds ? Mine did a bit on the first session, I pushed it out and wiped some type of lubricant off of it and it seemed to stay put during session two. Think I will order a spare TH pin just to be safe.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good report...never had a problem with my G36...Hope that took care of it...

·
Banned
966 Posts
I haven't heard of any trigger housing pins working themselves out. Are you using the stock backstrap? If not, is the stock grip big enough for you? I'm not saying put on a larger backstrap just to screw with the pin, but if you could profit from a bigger one that might help the pin stay in there. When I replaced my backstrap with the biggest one I noticed that the pin's in there pretty tight.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
No problem with the pin on my G36 but then I only shoot 50 rounds a session. No problems at all.

I assume your G36 is a GEN 3?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the facts

It came with 2 mags and no backstraps so I figure it is a gen 3.

The pin did not come all the way out, it was protruding about 1/8 of a inch. It was first noticed at the very end of session #1 (206 rounds). I went ahead and pushed the pin out and noticed it had a transparent lubricant of some sort all over it. I cleaned the pin and the frame in and around the pin hole. Session 2 was approximately 48 hours later (200 rounds) and the pin did not appear to move.

I did a full detail strip after getting 400+ rounds down range and did not notice anything unusual as far as wear on or around the trigger housing or its contact points with the inside of the frame.

I am figuring the lube helped the pin scoot and a meticulous cleaning took care of it. Wanted to check in and see if anyone had a reason to think otherwise. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Looks like you have the problem figured out and fixed. Keep shooting !

BTW I dont remember hearing about any GEN 4 G36s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Sir, picked up some ammo today for this weekend, is it just me or is 45acp the best smelling pistol cartilage to shoot?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I see on another thread where rowabi spoke to Glock in Smyrna and there are no G36 GEN 4s yet.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I see on another thread where rowabi spoke to Glock in Smyrna and there are no G36 GEN 4s yet.
Just talked with "Debby", Glock rep in Smyrna... according to her, still no plans yet on a Gen4 G36...For this year, just the new Gen4 G20,29,30,33... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts