Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been researching holsters and really don't want a bulky one or one with active retention. Any recommendations on simple but strong kydex glock holsters? Right now I have been experimenting with clipdraw (more for my 26) and just picked up Glocktech's MIC 'holster' so I don't shoot my balls off. But want some ideas for the 19 to carry in the winter.

I've ruled these out, Fobus, Serpa, Galco, etc. They all seem to bulky and overkill for simple carry.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The Glock Sport Holster is inexpensive and works great for CCW. The Ramora is another inexpensive holster, you might want to look at it on U-tube for a demo, they work, I have two of them.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Are you looking for an IWB or OWB holster? As a general rule always get on that covers the trigger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably leaning towards OWB with paddle. In general, what holds closer the body if doing OWB, paddle or belt loops?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Depends on how good of a belt you're using. A good, stiff, no-give gunbelt is what you want, esp if you're going to carry concealed. I wear one made by Gordon Davis that's going on 25 + years old and it's as good as the day it was made. Comp-Tac's OWB paddle will pass all IDPA tests for concealability. Mine will be here the end of this week. I'll post some photos.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, thanks. I started out with the 5.11 1.5" TDU belt. I don't think it can handle the G19 so I will be ordering the 1.75" operator with the stiff inserts. At first I thought Comp-Tac's OWB holsters looked bulky, but upon further review they are actually some of the slimmest around.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have a Fobus (2) holster(s) 15.00-25.00 and they work well for an inexpensive for a slip on type paddle holster but as some will say there are better with a better price. I also have a combat/sport holster I cut down and glued in a bellyband for extra support and very surprisingly a nice fit and the gun snaps into place for a good grip

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The Glock Sport Holster is inexpensive and works great for CCW. The Ramora is another inexpensive holster, you might want to look at it on U-tube for a demo, they work, I have two of them.
+1

I've only seen one OWB that conceals better than the Glock S/C and it cost a lot more :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Great, I would have never thought of of the Glock S/C but glad to hear the good reviews since it's cheap :)
Plus, it's versatile. You buy one for your G19 and it will fit every non-10mm/.45 ACP model they make :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts