Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just curious as to how long it takes for that kind of stuff to go into effect OR even if you think something will. I have a gun on "lay-a-way" right now and prolly won't get it for another month (I would hate to go back with a payment and they deny me my gun due to new stipulation) Plus Im very low on ammo. Do you think they(the gov) will do something drastic now that this terrible shooting happened yesterday? Kinda new to all this gun stuff as the last time I shot was about 15 years ago when I was a teen going turkey hunting. Now that I have a wife and 2 young children I have been thinking about guns to protect them and all that goes with it you know. I was going to wait a while before I got the license to carry BUT now with all these shootings happening I'm thinking I need to go ahead and get that done ASAP before the laws change.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
6 months or better if something does happen and I am sure something will happen

and yes there is going to be a rush on all kinds of things so if your going to do something you might want to get it going before the regs change

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Word is the Obama might or will bypass the congress and house and enact gun laws without taking a vote, he has done it before

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
No real way to predict...but as some have eluded to, time is running out on buying guns, magazines, and ammo as we know it...panic will cause buying frenzy's, thus driving up costs...and reducing supply...I would imagine that one of the hardest pushes will be on semi-auto rifles (black rifles especially), extra capacity mags (over 10 rounds), and ammo. Like last time, people will be buying it up, reducing availability...Also, watch for an end around to the back-door move to prohibit certain types of ammo, as well as ammo control and limitation of some sort...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My belief is that he will regulate the ammunition manufacturers out of business first or at least force them to raise the prices to the point that you won't want to buy ammo. He will do this without congress. Then he will start to chip away at the right to own certain guns by trying to reenact the Brady bill.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
My belief is that he will regulate the ammunition manufacturers out of business first or at least force them to raise the prices to the point that you won't want to buy ammo. He will do this without congress. Then he will start to chip away at the right to own certain guns by trying to reenact the Brady bill.
Sounds about right..

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I bought as many guns as I possibly could this past year. Put myself in debt doing so. Still want another AK, might have to put myself in more debt before something happens.

·
Banned
966 Posts
I'm not worried about what the government does, since it's typically nothing, I'm worried about what gun owners will do, which is buy up all the ammo, thus doubling or tripling the price within weeks. The sky's the limit at that point. I know full well the reason my guns will get rusty is not because some political hack tells me I can't shoot them but because I can't afford to for the price of ammo, which was driven up by fear, not legislation. So thanks, everybody.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Apparently, with the political conversation from today, the gears are already turning...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts