Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got Cleared from my spine surgery that replaced 4 of my discs, I finally got out walking so I bought myself a Glock 21 .45ACP. For some reason at 25 yeard my glock is shooting consinderable low, I can compensate to hit the target but thats not an accurate gun. Im not familiar with the Glock 21 and I need to know how to adjust the sights. I was shooting 230 grain Hollows but Im not at all happy with the mechanical aiming mechanism of the gun. Can some one help me out before I go back and Im shooting 5 feet short in the dirt with the sights dead on the target. Glock is not Military issue. So Im needing help. Take Care

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Dont know what to tell you about any Glock that is shooting 5 feet short at 25 yards. I would suggest calling Glock, but first have someone else try it from a sandbag or other rest.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Dont know what to tell you about any Glock that is shooting 5 feet short at 25 yards. I would suggest calling Glock, but first have someone else try it from a sandbag or other rest.
This. Sounds like something is fouled up there.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I just got Cleared from my spine surgery that replaced 4 of my discs, I finally got out walking so I bought myself a Glock 21 .45ACP. For some reason at 25 yeard my glock is shooting consinderable low, I can compensate to hit the target but thats not an accurate gun. Im not familiar with the Glock 21 and I need to know how to adjust the sights. I was shooting 230 grain Hollows but Im not at all happy with the mechanical aiming mechanism of the gun. Can some one help me out before I go back and Im shooting 5 feet short in the dirt with the sights dead on the target. Glock is not Military issue. So Im needing help. Take Care
Yeh, I'd say you need some help alright...I think I may know what the prob may be...the extrapilous valve behind the striker may be doing a "shimmy" when the gun is fired, causing your sights to be of no real use...I'd call Glock and tell them what is happening, and tell them you need that replaced...It's rare, as Glock is the most dependable gun out there...And we all know that a Marine can't miss like that at 25 yards...you don't think all this surgery has done something to your eyesight, do you? Hope you get this resolved...
So guys...what do you think? Anybody else see it this way...?

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This. Sounds like something is fouled up there.
I miss when I aim the gun through the sights but when I compensate from 25 years where Im shooting I can nail the bulls eye. So my back isnt causing me to miss because when I aim by how far Im off I hit the target in the bulls eye. I tried a 180 grain and the sights nailed the bullseye right away. is the grain of the bullets making it drop that much that fast??

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I go back to camp in 2 months and then back to the Desert in 4 months depending on my back. I feel I can take a mission on right now but they want me to be 100% because with what I do if Im 99% I could get myself or one of my teamates killed. We were second to go into the Bin Laden fortress if SEAL Team 6 never got the job done. I was ready to go but Im glad that that the mission was a success because if it wasnt that means we would have had casualties to the Seal Team. We were loaded up and on the Black hawk suited, stacked, and ready to back up SEAL TEAM 6. The SEAL TEAM is some bad ass boys and we were more than ready to back them up. Holding the gun that did the Killshot on Bin Laden was once in a lifetime opportunity. I shouldnt say this but the Gun will be displayed in the future. Some say that they held onto the Body and never dumped the body. I gaurantee the body was dumped because if we had it state side their would be more attackes to retrieve the body and now them sons of bitches dont have anything to worship if they retrieved it, but there is one piece of that Asshole that we did hold onto. I cant say what but we hold a piece of that motherfucker that proves the death of Bin Laden.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I go back to camp in 2 months and then back to the Desert in 4 months depending on my back. I feel I can take a mission on right now but they want me to be 100% because with what I do if Im 99% I could get myself or one of my teamates killed. We were second to go into the Bin Laden fortress if SEAL Team 6 never got the job done. I was ready to go but Im glad that that the mission was a success because if it wasnt that means we would have had casualties to the Seal Team. We were loaded up and on the Black hawk suited, stacked, and ready to back up SEAL TEAM 6. The SEAL TEAM is some bad ass boys and we were more than ready to back them up. Holding the gun that did the Killshot on Bin Laden was once in a lifetime opportunity. I shouldnt say this but the Gun will be displayed in the future. Some say that they held onto the Body and never dumped the body. I gaurantee the body was dumped because if we had it state side their would be more attackes to retrieve the body and now them sons of bitches dont have anything to worship if they retrieved it, but there is one piece of that Asshole that we did hold onto. I cant say what but we hold a piece of that motherfucker that proves the death of Bin Laden.
Wow! That's a great story! Certainly have to agree that SEAL Team men are part of a very elite group and for what they do, I give them my utmost respect. Of course, respect is due to anyone in uniform!:eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeh, I'd say you need some help alright...I think I may know what the prob may be...the extrapilous valve behind the striker may be doing a "shimmy" when the gun is fired, causing your sights to be of no real use...I'd call Glock and tell them what is happening, and tell them you need that replaced...It's rare, as Glock is the most dependable gun out there...And we all know that a Marine can't miss like that at 25 yards...you don't think all this surgery has done something to your eyesight, do you? Hope you get this resolved...
So guys...what do you think? Anybody else see it this way...?
I checked with Glock and the estrapilous valves for the 23 currently are on back order.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeh, they don't get many calls for them, so they don't stock them...:rolleyes:
I thought maybe I was the only goofball that needed one! Wow. I'm not alone!:cool:

·
Registered
960 Posts
but do they come in pink?
That could be what is taking so long to get mine. I didn't specify the color. I forgot they came in pink. My girlfriend is gonna love that!!:eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Only by special order thru the dealers..
Oh wait, you have to go through a dealer? I thought Glock in Smyrna would be able to fulfill this!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I am new to this site but I have been shooting for 40 years so take this for what it is at face value. it sounds like shooter error to me, if you don't sand bag or ransom rest the gun you can't blame the gun so I say sand bag it and then if it shoots low the gun has a problem but if not here:

[video=youtube;L880L-uM5WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L880L-uM5WQ&list=PL631FBA4D8819D469&index=29&feature=plpp_video[/video]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I am new to this site but I have been shooting for 40 years so take this for what it is at face value. it sounds like shooter error to me, if you don't sand bag or ransom rest the gun you can't blame the gun so I say sand bag it and then if it shoots low the gun has a problem but if not here:

[video=youtube;L880L-uM5WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L880L-uM5WQ&list=PL631FBA4D8819D469&index=29&feature=plpp_video[/video]
Good point... ;)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I checked with Glock and the estrapilous valves for the 23 currently are on back order.
If you know what you are doing you can make one with a paper clip, just shape it like a Flux Capacitor (the bottom end).

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If you know what you are doing you can make one with a paper clip, just shape it like a Flux Capacitor (the bottom end).
wow...I never thought about that...might work...can't get it in pink though...:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts