Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first fire arm 7 years ago when i moved to florida from newjersey(glock19). The only reason why i bought it was the fact in this state any punk 18yo can walk into a gun shop and 3 days later have an assault rifle(would never happen in nj). Anyway until recently (4 or 5 months ago) i was never in to guns that much. I mean i would go to the range on occasion and always clean and carry my g19 when i could but that was about it. Then about 5 months ago i was almost robbed leaving my restaurant at night luckily for me it was one of those days that i had my glock and i held it pointed to the would be attacker (who had a knife) til the police arrived. Since that night my attitude changed i know it is a right and a priveledgeto bear arms, but it is also a need. The next day i went to lgs and registered for defensive shooting course, and purchased a baby glock 27 so i can carry more often. Recently i purchased a tcp so i can always carry no excuses. I find my self searching the forums and researching more. I go to the range once a week, i am no sharp shooter by any means but my groupings are much better than they were. For a guy who never felt the need or want a firearm im up to 3 and im interested in purchasing a revolver next. Lol my wife likes the fact that i carry, for my safety as well as hers. Just a little info on me. I guess there are worse addictions. Lol. I must say other than the 3 guns i own now i also had a pf9 that was a horrible experience for me and i replaced. It with the tcp which i love.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Glad to hear you now appreciate the right to bear arms. I carry everywhere I go and hope I never need the weapon, and if you take a look at the list of Glocks that I own you will see that I too am addicted to Glocks (among other things).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice collection. Both of my are gen 3s as well. I dont like the grip of the gen 4s as i carry iwb and its a lil rough for the skin

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Nice pistols, Salvo,both of them. Both are capable of taking care of business. And you'll probably want another one one day...like the rest of us...:p

·
Registered
241 Posts
As an leo I wish more responsible citizens would use their rights. It has a good effect on the community and honestly I feel crime only goes down when we all become citizens that are more like our forefathers envisioned. Good for you. Only suggestion I would make is find a gun that your gun likes the feel of, look of, color of, or whatever reason to like. Get her involved if you can in your hobby. My wife carries one of my old favorites now. A CZ75B in 40cal. She can usually out shoot me at the range. I'm working on getting her to compete with me some. The only way I'd be any happier is if I could get her to switch to Glock. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Salvo ,
one of the reason I switched over to glock for CCW was that I just didn't want to buy another handgun , I was looking for a CCW system that no mater what the weather or the circumstance I had the same manual of arms that I was proficient with that used the same ammo , holsters ..
My current rotation is the Gen-4 G-26 to my Gen 4 G-19 , sometimes I carry both with the Gen-4 ,G-26 in a Galco ankle holster... ankle safe with 15 round mag on the other leg to balance me out...

Just a my two cents...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
?..no mater what the weather or the circumstance I had the same manual of arms that I was proficient...
This is SO important and often overlooked.

One day, I'll start filling the safe with a nice variety of handguns. For now though, nothing but Gocks - everyone in the house has trigger time on them and knows how they operate. Different sizes and calibers, but same manual of arms.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Just get a loan and buy them all, and get it over with!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated, as far as my wife goes she likes shooting my tcp. The only thing is she really likes the pink one lol

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys much appreciated, as far as my wife goes she likes shooting my tcp. The only thing is she really likes the pink one lol
lol...sounds like my daughter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Then I would get her a pink one. If my wife wanted a pink ak to go with my others I would either build one for her or have it built. I can't get mine out to the range with me, been trying for a while now. I would do whatever it takes to get her involved in the shooting sports.

Danny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts