Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a 9mm conversation barrel for my G22 Gen4. Has anyone had any experience with the import magazines. I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of $30.00 mags just to take to the range. I was at a gun show today and saw some from about $15.00 each.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Never had experience with import mags but i wouldn't chance it. Gt distributors online has most glock factory mags for 21.95

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As long as it is not for CCW I would use imports unless you can find OEM for about $5 more. I have an import mag for my G19 and no problems with it, also my G19 is a range gun I do not CCW it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
As long as it is not for CCW I would use imports unless you can find OEM for about $5 more. I have an import mag for my G19 and no problems with it, also my G19 is a range gun I do not CCW it.
Ditto...fine for practice, but I wouldn't carry them...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Have to agree with the others when it comes to carrying. If they seem to operate ok, I would only load them up and use them for the range. There is no question that I have to use Glock factory magazines for carry use. When it comes to my life and my loved ones, only the best will do! Not even sure I would buy them. I'm just a stickler for what I KNOW works! :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I wouldn't be using them for anything but the range. For carrying and home defense I will stick to Glock factory mags. But to sling some 9mm at the range I don't want to pay full price for some new mags.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What everyone else said :)

Also, you can find used Glock mags for $15 or so at Summit. Stock varies, so give him a call or email him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What everyone else said :)

Also, you can find used Glock mags for $15 or so at Summit. Stock varies, so give him a call or email him.
I googled Summit and found a Summit Gun Broker, Is that the place you are talking about? If not could you list the link to the website. If I could get them for $15.00 I would by Glock mags.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would love some factory Glock hi-caps for 15 bucks also. The only place I saw them that cheap is well known for scamming people.

Personally I say if you don't want to buy Glock mags then try the conversion with your 40 cal mags first. Some people report it works. I already had 9mm mags though so I haven't tried that myself.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I googled Summit and found a Summit Gun Broker, Is that the place you are talking about? If not could you list the link to the website. If I could get them for $15.00 I would by Glock mags.
That's the place. You'll probably have to call or email as he doesn't always list every mag he has in stock on the website.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Had an imported/aftermarket mag that would drop out of my G21 when I fired it. Went to the trash rather quickly.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
KCI (Korean made) seems to be the biggest mfg. of aftermarket mags for Glock and from what I read it’s a mixed bag of feelings. Some say they work well and other say that the lips of the mag are too flexible and the metal is thinner thus causing multi-chambering of rounds at the same time. These are ok for range use if you don't mind clearing jams and dealing with rounds key-holing in the gun (flipping up instead of chambering; stove piping of a live round)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If it ain't a Glock factory mag...please don't carry it...

·
Registered
123 Posts
OEM for carry, others for practice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts