Glock Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some trouble with the slide back plate contating the trigger assembly when installing the slide back onto the frame. It has taken a pretty good chunk out of the slide back plate and I notice that there is a little bit of vertical play when the slide rails engage the rear most guides. I can clear the back plate but I have to be very careful to pull the slide over the trigger assembly. Seems a bit odd to me. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The slide back plate is held in place by the firing pin spring assembly putting pressure on it via a circular indent. Sounds like you need to replace it with a new one and maybe part of the firing pin assembly

[video=youtube;wM65H8FNws0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM65H8FNws0[/video]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outstanding! Thanks for the info! I'm going to remove and reinstall the back plate and see if it's a seating issue or a trigger issue. I would hate to replace the damaged part just to damage the new one without any kind of repair. I bought the gun NIB but who knows. I will try to post some pics when I can. Do you recommend any certain vendor for glock replacement parts??? Also, the part that is contacting the plate on slide installation is a part of the trigger assembly but I'm not exactly sure what it's called. There is a recess or cut out on the left side of the back plate to allow this peice to clear it but I'm afraid to see if I can get it to sit a bit lower.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed, I will get some pics of the issue up as soon as I am emancipated from this place called work. Thanks for checking in!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Outstanding! Thanks for the info! I'm going to remove and reinstall the back plate and see if it's a seating issue or a trigger issue. I would hate to replace the damaged part just to damage the new one without any kind of repair. I bought the gun NIB but who knows. I will try to post some pics when I can. Do you recommend any certain vendor for glock replacement parts??? Also, the part that is contacting the plate on slide installation is a part of the trigger assembly but I'm not exactly sure what it's called. There is a recess or cut out on the left side of the back plate to allow this peice to clear it but I'm afraid to see if I can get it to sit a bit lower.
I buy off of EBay because people are completive on pricing and generally free shipping and no tax. Here is link that will get you in the right spot. I think what you talking about is the tab that sticks up from the trigger bar and that pushes up on the firing pin plunger so the firing pin can move forward and ignite the primmer (left side of plate, right side allows the ejector to clear) that is the internal safety (underside of the slide half way up)
Make sure you check the firing pin plunger (part of the firing pin) that rides against the back plate to make sure it’s not cracked or chipped, this could be a reason the back plate is dropping in the first place

Glock Factory Part Trigger with Trigger Bar Glock 19 23 26 27 32 SP02303 | eBay

firing pin.jpg It will be that black plastic piece on the back of the F/P assembly

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pics I snapped real quick. I tried to point out the trigger assembly part that is contacting the cover and I also included some pics of the gash is caused in the cover. A special thanks to the GL-21 glock light for providing superior lighting for the pics..... I am going to remove the slide back plate and inspect the springs and how it is seated but I am a bit hesitant to remove the pin in order to get the trigger out. Wish me luck and we'll see how it goes. *fingers crossed* 2012-12-10 16.27.31.jpg 2012-12-10 16.32.17.jpg 2012-12-10 16.29.31.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back plate removal went well. the plunger, spring and striker assembly all looked in good working order. No cracks or anything out of the ordinary. I re-assembled and have the same problem with the contact.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I see no damage, where is it?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scratch that, I took a file to the back plate and took just enough out for clearance. I think i'm good to go now. However, I did go ahead and place an order for a replacement back plate since this one is a bit roughed up. Thanks again for all the help and the info, I'm glad I joined the forum. Updates coming soon on the replacement part!!!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Sometime it’s just break in and sometime it a problem, check and see if the new plate does the same thing an if it does then you have a rail problem. They might be set to low and causing the drag

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, I got the new back plate in and I am still having the same issue. Honestly after watching hours of youtube videos it seems that people who break these things down can just slap them back together with no problems at all. Perhaps I'm being a bit anal, but when I look down the sights and see that chunk that was taken out of the original back plate it just concerns me. I am going to attempt to upload a video to demonstrate the problem...[video=youtube;rneXFdZfYXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rneXFdZfYXE[/video]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Alright, I got the new back plate in and I am still having the same issue. Honestly after watching hours of youtube videos it seems that people who break these things down can just slap them back together with no problems at all. Perhaps I'm being a bit anal, but when I look down the sights and see that chunk that was taken out of the original back plate it just concerns me. I am going to attempt to upload a video to demonstrate the problem...
Do you have the same problem with the stock backplate? I don't have a 21 or a Glock 9mm for that matter. Is it normal that your Trigger Mechanism Housing appears to be bent? Maybe other 9mm owners can advise. It looks a little odd to me.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Call Glock...ask for tech support, run it past them and see what they say...(770) 432-1202

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
After zooming in on those pictures that Trigger Mechanism Housing appears to be fubar. You can see a definite upward angle to on the metal piece and I do not believe that's normal.

Here is a Gen4 9mm
225860.jpg

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The play in the slide is normal and if you force it to one side all of them do that so I won't worry about it. if the dimple on the trigger bar bothers you replace the trigger bar with one that doesn't have it. it’s not a must have but if that is all that’s wrong ; your fine just when reinstalling the slide go easy because you don't want to bend the ejector or you will have problems with ejections . I watched the video twice and see nothing out of the normal

ejectors.jpg

he has a G21 (.45)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. ZK- The problem started with the original back plate and it took small chunk out of it so I ordered a new one but I'm still dealing with the same issue. Rowabi- thanks for the contact info, I will give them a call and get their take on it. I had also noticed that while shooting some of the spent casings were ejecting right back into my face. I noticed this ejection problem on some of the random glock videos on youtube as well, along with some videos about the aftermarket ejectors but I'm hoping if glock has me send in the pistol they will replace the trigger mechanism and solve the problem without having to purchase aftermarket parts for a NEW gun. But either way i'm going to get some info from tech support and go from there. Thanks again for all the help fellas and I'll update once I get the issue resolved.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts