Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
I have a couple of Glocks and couple of rifles
51 Posts
I read articles on this site almost every day.

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
51 Posts
Probably so, I don’t like to read the news anymore because it’s all depressing these days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Only kidding, I think that the moderator is still here. But I don’t see any new posts by him.
I belong to two Glock forums. This one and Glock Talk. I was told that both are owned by the same company. I really don’t know that.

·
Administrator
262 Posts
I'm still here - work has sucked the life out of me so I've not been posting but I still enjoy logging on a launching the spam/scammer attempts. :cool: Those guys are relentless!

And yes - not only are all the Glock forums owned by the same company, but they own what seems like all the Outdoor/Firearm/Automobile/ etc. related forums.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm still here - work has sucked the life out of me so I've not been posting but I still enjoy logging on a launching the spam/scammer attempts. :cool: Those guys are relentless!

And yes - not only are all the Glock forums owned by the same company, but they own what seems like all the Outdoor/Firearm/Automobile/ etc. related forums.
They are all owned by conglomerates, but they seem to be free to run their own places. I didn’t expect that.

I was offered a slot as moderator on one of them, but it is dead, and over run with spam bots.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I’ve noticed that all of the forums that I belong to are owned by the same company.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’m not certain, they are based out of Canada. I belong to three forums for vehicles that are all ran from Canada. I went and checked the three vehicle forums are ran from Canada and owned by the same company. Glock Talk and Glock Forum are owned by the same company and ran from Missouri or Minnesota, from a quick look.

·
Administrator
262 Posts
It is a Canadian Company. I’m an admin on two of their forums. The only thing they have ever specifically asked is that we try to keep the forums “on subject” other than that they have been supportive and “hands off”

The issue, or market change, that happened was Facebook Groups. I see new gun owners flock by the thousands to Facebook groups and don’t seem to even know forums exist. Just “Glock Nation” is now over 200,000 members on Facebook. It’s a shame because Facebook limits the discussions and monitors everything but it’s hard to educate the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is a Canadian Company. I’m an admin on two of their forums. The only thing they have ever specifically asked is that we try to keep the forums “on subject” other than that they have been supportive and “hands off”

The issue, or market change, that happened was Facebook Groups. I see new gun owners flock by the thousands to Facebook groups and don’t seem to even know forums exist. Just “Glock Nation” is now over 200,000 members on Facebook. It’s a shame because Facebook limits the discussions and monitors everything but it’s hard to educate the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not a big fan of Facebook. I have an account because I like Marketplace portion of Facebook. I sold a large collection of Die Cast vehicles that I had for years and made around $2,800.00 once I was finished. There’s some things that you can buy rather cheaply on there, I bought my nephew a new bike a couple of weeks ago for $30.00, he loves it, and he is all smiles when he comes to the house now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts