Glock Forum banner

Is a DPMS AR any good?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ArmyCobra1 
#1 ·
I am looking at a DPMS AR and I was wondering if it was any good, I have heard of Rock River and Bush Master, Colt...etc but not DPMS

#2 ·
Yep. Especially for the price. Just fired one at the range the other day. I'm planning to get a DPMS Flattop so I can do all of the add-on toys myself. Rock River, Colt, Bushmaster, Windham Weaponry. (Ex-Bustmaster employees own this company) are all great weapons at great prices. I figure for $630 for a new DPMS and I was going to add the toys myself, can't go wrong!

#4 ·
It's a pretty good rifle...most of them out there now are decent...I like the S&W M&P's as well...There's also DelTon, Bravo Company, CMMG...I just ran up on a DelTon MOE version for $750...Same thing I paid for my last S&W M&P MOE...

#6 · (Edited)
a buddy of mine just bought a DelTon a couple of weeks ago. It's a gun at a good entry price but I would have bought one they just seem too cheap. I would opt for a used one which is what I did. The FFL had an used original Bushmaster with a heavy chrome lined barrel for the same price... it went home with me. :)
Good deal... :)
That's what I like about the S&W's...a lot of extra stuff for not much more than you pay for an average entry level gun. One of our LGS's is an S&W dealer...great prices, plus he offers LE/Mil discounts...

#7 · (Edited)
I don't know a thing about the newer AR's so I'm no help there other than to say they are lots of fun and a coyote's nightmare :).
I bought my Colt SP-1 back In 1976 and it has taken everything I could throw at it and still shoots like new.
I couldn't begin to count how many thousands and thousands of rounds it's shot over the years without a single problem.
I finally mounted a 6X18X50 scope on it last year(eyes aren't what they used to be)and it shot a nice group at 125 yards....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.