Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reason I ask is because last time I posted about the firearm I just bought I reported several FTFs and jams. I went to the range today and with one mag (15 round mag) jammed on me 2x's. The other mags that were designed for my gun (G-27) No problems at all, and the extended mag 22round had no issues. Used american eagle and winchester white box walmart. So Im wondering what the heck is going on.. I been to the range 3x with this new firearm, 1st time no issue, second time many jamms, and this time much better.. Perhaps I oiled the gun too much or it was the ammo I used last time, which was either Lawman or PMC.. Its my carry weapon so I want to be assured that it will work if I need it. Dispite the jams it was a simple re rack or tap and rack, but I dont want that, as time is not on our side in a firearm fight, every second counts.. BTW I did not try the new asian military 31 round mag, mabey next time.. all other mags are factory.. Snappy little gun, but Its a good little firearm.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I went to the range today and with one mag (15 round mag) jammed on me 2x's. The other mags that were designed for my gun (G-27) No problems at all,
This guy goes to his doctor and says doc when I move my arm this way it hurts and the doctor says “then don't do it"
In other words if it doesn’t like the mags don't use them. Sounds like they are not lining up right

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The 15 round mag extended from the grip of the G27, right? Did you put any pressure on the bottom of the mag? That happened to me before when using an extended mag.
Oiling too much would only cause it to gum up over time, not one trip to the range. The ammo you used sounds OK. I would suspect the mag as in my opinion that is what causes most FTF in autos.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
agree with it being the mag, deep six it. ammo from my experience usually is never the culprit. i have used federal, american eagle, winchester, lawman, blazer, corbon, hornady, speer, and remington all my life in glocks, taurus, sig, smith, ruger and even some cheap little ravens and have only had 2 maybe 3 ftf attributed to ammo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 15 round mag extended from the grip of the G27, right? Did you put any pressure on the bottom of the mag? That happened to me before when using an extended mag.
Oiling too much would only cause it to gum up over time, not one trip to the range. The ammo you used sounds OK. I would suspect the mag as in my opinion that is what causes most FTF in autos.
Yeah, I tried not to put any pressure at all on the mag as it stuck out of the grip, Im thinking that the 15 round mag is just no good, because as I said the 22 round factory mag did very good, no issues. Seems with the 15 rounder, when I unload the ammo, And I get to around 6 left its like the spring stops popping them out for a couple rounds then it seems strong again, might get new spring or junk it. I dont carry the long mags anyway, I just take an extra mag that is made for my gun. But I like to have extended mags incase my state outlaws them. Good under the bed mags

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting. I've never had a problem with extensions on my Glock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have never had a problem with my last G 27 and it was a used one, I can say one thing that it may have been ME, the way I was holdinig it.. Thinking back on my 2nd trip at the range with the new glock, I hadnt shot it a few years, I shot about 30 rounds before the problems began. Now looking back I recall my hands shaking uncontrolably after about 30-40 rounds, I dont know if it was the snappyness or my blood sugar was low ( I do recall feeling weak becaue I didnt eat that morning) but everytime I sqeezed the trigger that baby glock 27 just was a shaking in my hands ,lol Im hoping that im suspecting it was limpwristing because this time around I put 100 rounds and only a couple jammos and that was with the 15 round mag, and as i said the 22round extension mag I had not 1 problem.. I just have to get used to the recoil again, I owned a g 27 for many years and liked it thats why I bought a new one. Anyway I'll do some more testing and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts