Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on buy a used gun from a private party online. Id like to verify that the gun is not stolen if possible. Are most people willing to give the serial number a gun through an email, or is this considered a bad practice to ask? How else can I verify its not stolen? Also, other than wanting the selling party to sign a bill of sale, and checking their ID, what else should I do? Sorry to sound so helpless.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you asked me I would provide it as long as you explained the reason you wanted it was so you could verify it is not stolen. I don't know what the general etiquette is for this though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
don't think most people knowingly would take a chance selling a stolen anything on line because of all the info that changes hands. shipping, payment, etc. however, to answer your question, if you feel more comfortable with that info ask for it and if they don't like thats too bad. its your money. or maybe contact the local pd and asked them to verify it for you.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Depends on the seller. If he's legit and reasonable and gets the same vibe from you, I don't think there'd be a problem.

Never hurts to ask :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I see nothing wrong in asking for the serial number.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Protect yourself and the purchase...whatever that takes...shouldn't be a problem if it's legit...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts