Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Glock34 Gen4 has to have the rear sight pushed pretty far to the right in order for me to get center hits. Someone else has shot the gun and gets the same results as me. I don't believe I am jerking shots. It has 400-500 rounds through it now.

Is this a normal situation? I have a G19 Gen4 that works fine with the rear sight centered.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The only thing I can think of it to shoot from a supported rest and see if the sight still functions pushed over to the right, if it does then if it were mine it wouldnt worry about it as long as I could hit where I am aiming with the sights aligned.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shot off a bench today. It hits where I aim it. I just am frustrated that a new gun has to adjusted so far over. I was at 50' or less.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
tex is right; shoot it from a sandbag or block of wood and take the human error out of it and see where it hits but that far to one side is not normal. think of this for every 2 mm difference at the sight that is about a foot off or better at 15 yards.

here is a video
[video=youtube;L880L-uM5WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L880L-uM5WQ&list=PL631FBA4D8819D469&index=29&feature=plpp_video[/video]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already shot it off bags. Short of using a shooting vise, I can't be more precise. I don't believe this to be shooter error. I'm just wondering if this is something to speak to Glock about or if this is a situation that would ordinarily be considered acceptable.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I would talk with them if you in did shoot from a stationary devise like sand bags. When shooting from the devise did you rest the gun muzzle along with the grip on the rest or just the base of the mag? Sorry if this is repetitive but know nothing about you and considering a lot of people don't understand proper technique and brace the gun by the grip and this does nothing

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Almost seems like the rear sight needs to be pushed to the right some, but it's hard to tell from a pic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry if this is repetitive but know nothing about you and considering a lot of people don't understand proper technique and brace the gun by the grip and this does nothing
That's OK. I was supported pretty solid under the muzzle and the underside of the trigger guard area. When I first realized how far left it was shooting, I thought maybe I was the problem, but not now. I shoot a G19, that although the grip is smaller, it's a pretty similar gun and I the sight is centered on it. I may try to contact Glock Monday, to see what they have to say.

Thanks to all for their input.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Call Glock (770) 432-1202, talk with customer service...they'll probably give you a tech, and I'm sure they'll try to help you out...
Good luck, and let us know what they say...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
taking the supports out of the picture the site doesn't seem to be that bad to one side or the other. Not that the site should be dead center but have you tried measuring it to see how far off it is? I would suspect it's more an optical illusion of the site in the adjustable mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts