Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just saw Deadliest Warrior TV series , Israeli Special Forces vs US. Navy Seals the US Navy Seals won...
Not sure how old the episode was , that being said the US Navy Seals used the Sig P-226 ,9mm, what seemed to be the Israeli Special Forces weapon of choice Glock G-19...

I know the G-19 is a great gun I carry a Gen-4, Just wondering why they went to the G-19, in their line of work over other handguns if there was a special reason , when they could have pick much more expensive hand guns from around world ? ...

My hat goes off to the G-19 I love this gun !!!!

Air gun Laptop Trigger Personal computer Office equipment

·
Registered
960 Posts
Well Alex, when you have that reliability available to you, you are going to use it! Not to mention those folks in Israeli do a pretty good job at manufacturing some great military and LE hardware!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Alex, when you have that reliability available to you, you are going to use it! Not to mention those folks in Israeli do a pretty good job at manufacturing some great military and LE hardware!
"Yup" In fact it seem to out shoot the a Sig P-226 a great gun on the TV show the Deadliest Warrior IMO...

·
Registered
960 Posts
"Yup" In fact it seem to out shoot the a Sig P-226 a great gun on the TV show the Deadliest Warrior IMO...
I gotta check out that show. I'm wondering if its something they show on The Military Channel. The TV absolutely stays on that channel til the better half gets home from work! LOL!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ArmyCobra1 I saw it on Netflix's I don't think is on reular TV now...that why I'm by myself now ..."lol"

·
Registered
960 Posts
ArmyCobra1 I saw it on Netflix's I don't think is on reular TV now , that why I'm by myself now ..."lol"
I will find it and watch it for sure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmm... I have both the Glock 19 and the SIG Sauer P226. They are both great weapons that I trust with my life but I have to say, in a combat situation I would grab the p226 before any other 9mm handgun on the market. These two aren't even in the same league. Now that is not to say the G19 is a bad gun, I love mine. The G19 is my daily carry conceal gun! For a battle field of war tho, I must tip my hat to the p226. Not that price matters but the 226 cost anywhere from $350-$700 more than the G19 and the quality shows! I would say they are a close match in every area other than concealment. If I could conceal the p226 I would every day. The G19 is an amazing weapon I love carrying it but it would come in 2nd place to the sig for war. I will never part with either of these two guns! I trust them both and love them both for different reasons.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The P226 is a great gun but I will stick with the Glocks if I have to go into combat again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both a Sig P226 MK25 and a G19 gen4 and I like them both. The G19 is easier to conceal and nice to shoot but I find I shoot the P226 faster and more accurately. Less felt recoil and I like the grip angle better. Both are great guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts