Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice size (mid), can use the .40 cal mags, has some pretty impressive ballistics data. And it will fit in my IWB holster that I use for my G39. I have almost all the other pistol rounds covered and figured what the hell and grabbed this. Got a great deal on it at the LGS. Can't wait to shoot it. Anyone own one of these? Shot one? The guy who runs the local shop said it has a bit more kick than a .40 or a 9mm. Will try to get a range report up after this weekend.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's probably my favorite Glock!

To me, it's a bit easier shooting than the .40 S&W, but snappier than a 9mm.

Excellent round with an excellent "street" record among agencies that use it.

FMJ is a bit more than .40 S&W and your best bet at finding ammo is online. I like Speer Lawman or Federal American Eagle for practice and carry Speer Gold Dot, although I just picked up some Federal HST.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had one and wish I had not sold it. Of course recoil is subjective, but I prefer the recoil of the 357 auto over the 40 cal. I have the G33 and the G31 and the 357 auto is one of my favorite rounds. My G33 is the easiest carrying Glock that I CCW.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice size (mid), can use the .40 cal mags, has some pretty impressive ballistics data. And it will fit in my IWB holster that I use for my G39. I have almost all the other pistol rounds covered and figured what the hell and grabbed this. Got a great deal on it at the LGS. Can't wait to shoot it. Anyone own one of these? Shot one? The guy who runs the local shop said it has a bit more kick than a .40 or a 9mm. Will try to get a range report up after this weekend.
The 357 Sig works very well in a Glock, probably because the flex in the frame seems to absorb quite a bit of recoil. When I first shot my Mod. 31 I was surprised at the "spongy" kick it had, rather than the snappy recoil I was expecting. The accuracy was another pleasant surprise. When Glock had that frame upgrade, I requested that they install my NY1 trigger (8 lbs) in the replaced frame & they were nice enough to do it. The caliber also has an interesting chamber. I'll use a 9mm brush to clean the front part of the chamber & a 40 Cal brush for the back.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's probably my favorite Glock!

To me, it's a bit easier shooting than the .40 S&W, but snappier than a 9mm.

Excellent round with an excellent "street" record among agencies that use it.

FMJ is a bit more than .40 S&W and your best bet at finding ammo is online. I like Speer Lawman or Federal American Eagle for practice and carry Speer Gold Dot, although I just picked up some Federal HST.
I grabbed 3 boxes of the Federal AE, and a box of Gold Dot for carry. I like the way you think! HAHA! Hopefully I get some range time in here in the next few days.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am jealous. I have been dreaming about one of the 357sig Glocks. I ordered the barrel for my p229. So I need a glock to match.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Love my G31 but don't love the price of the ammo! Probably my favorite Gun to shoot.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I picked up the 31 a few months ago and was so suprised with the double recoil spring that it seemed very smooth . Love it except the ammo prices . I just finnaly got my ccw in and now can carry it everywhere.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I picked up the 31 a few months ago and was so suprised with the double recoil spring that it seemed very smooth . Love it except the ammo prices . I just finnaly got my ccw in and now can carry it everywhere.
awesome, man...congrats on the ccw...may you never have to use it...!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Rowabi and zombiekiller57 , I just got my barrel in yesterday ! Now what ? thats right , Time to wear it in with a few boxes .

·
Registered
173 Posts
oh yeah ! well A coworker today offer to trade his newer gen 3 23 with night sights for my 31 without nightsights , 1 good thing is the 23 is easier to carry concealed . and has nightsights. don't know if its a good deal or not .

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
oh yeah ! well A coworker today offer to trade his newer gen 3 23 with night sights for my 31 without nightsights , 1 good thing is the 23 is easier to carry concealed . and has nightsights. don't know if its a good deal or not .
The way I look at it is you are satisfied with the trade then it's worth it. Value wise you are probably coming out on top.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts