Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Lee 1000 pro. have the 9mm dies. Getting ready to order some stuff. looking for what works well, and who has some good prices. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'll be following the responses, as I'm wanting to get on board with some reloading myself.... Wanting to go basic, for rifle...eventually load some pistol...
Happy loading, John 51277

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'll be following the responses, as I'm wanting to get on board with some reloading myself.... Wanting to go basic, for rifle...eventually load some pistol...
Happy loading, John 51277
+ 1 on following the responses.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I'm using LEE Classic Cast Turret press with LEE dies for every caliber I reload for.

I've always been using plated bullets (FMJ are too expensive and I don't like lead), there are many good powders for 9mm, Power Pistol is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reloaded a few hundred rounds of the Remington Frangible 9mm with the Bullseye powder. Shot through about 150 rounds the other day with not one hiccup. Guess I did it correctly. Ordered some reload ammo boxes, and some more primers and bullets. Im going to have to set it up to run some .40 through it next.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Remington 90-gr CTF Frangible

Reloaded a few hundred rounds of the Remington Frangible 9mm with the Bullseye powder. Shot through about 150 rounds the other day with not one hiccup. Guess I did it correctly. Ordered some reload ammo boxes, and some more primers and bullets. Im going to have to set it up to run some .40 through it next.
Hi can you post/email or PM your load data? I just purchased 1000 Remington Frangible bullets from Midway and cannot find a clear answer on valid load.

What COAL did you use? How many grains of Bullseye? Where did you find your load data or was it based on experience? Sineterfire web site provides that you can use 115 gr FMJ load data as an equivalent, however they don't specify RN or FP or HBFP type, so I'm wondering about a safe starting point.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have Unique and Clays powder on hand, but I can certainly pick up different powder.

Thanks in advance

Mdvctry

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was loading 90 grain bullets using 4.9 grains of bullseye powder. OAL was at 1.155 and shot a bunch with no FTF at all.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are two reasons I went with the 90 grain Frangibles. Less recoil, which is nice after a few hundred rounds at the range. The second was the killer price I got on them. I believe it was 60-70 bucks for 1000 rounds on sale.

I usually run 130 grain FMJ from Montana Gold.

I did find it sometimes took a double tap to knock down a few of the larger steel silhouettes with the 90 vs 130 grain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These are lead free and supposedly equivalent to 115gr equivalent. The primary reason I bought them was I wanted lead free to shoot indoors, reduce splatter when shooting metal targets, and I wanted to try them and see if they are as accurate as claimed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have been using a Lee progressive 1000 for years now. You can crank out hundreds of 9mm in an hour or so. As far as reloading supplies, I've been happy with Black Hills Shooters Supply, Home Page I like the rainier plated bullets, and I use Winchester primers with Accurate Arms #5 and #7 powders depending on the load. You'll be amazed at how many times you can re-use the same cases before they start to fail.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been reloading since 1960 and the best piece of advice I can give you is NEVER use anyone elses loads. Get you a good Reloaders manual and use their recommendations for your particular load. Never go over the max. Work your own load for each particular bullet type you are going to load by loading 8 or 10 bullet/powder combo with .2 gr different and check your group. It's extra work but you then know what your particular rifle or pistol likes. No 2 rifles or pistols shoot the same load the same. I have 2 AR's and they both are more accurate with .5 grains different for a 155 gr FMJBT. It works for me.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Been reloading since 1960 and the best piece of advice I can give you is NEVER use anyone elses loads. Get you a good Reloaders manual and use their recommendations for your particular load. Never go over the max. Work your own load for each particular bullet type you are going to load by loading 8 or 10 bullet/powder combo with .2 gr different and check your group. It's extra work but you then know what your particular rifle or pistol likes. No 2 rifles or pistols shoot the same load the same. I have 2 AR's and they both are more accurate with .5 grains different for a 155 gr FMJBT. It works for me.
+1 on that... every gun has it's own appetite...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just loaded my first test batch of the Remington CTF 90 gr Frangible bullets. I wasn't able to get any information from Unique or Remington on how much powder or the OAL, Etc. After a lot of reading and going through hornady, Lyman reload manuals and checking Frangiblebullets.com I decided to use Unique 4.8 grains OAL=1.125 and CCI 500 primers. I decided on this load because it seemed to be mid range for 125 gr 9mm weight bullets (4.3-5.8 Unique). Unfortunately my range was closed today so I'll have to wait to find out how they work out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: unique 4.8. OAL=1.125 50 rounds with all failure to feed. Group off hand standing at 10 yards all rounds on 5x8 notecard. However, clearly this load is too light.

Update: unique 5.0. OAL=1.12 10 rounds with two failure to feed. Group off hand standing at 10 yards all rounds on 5x8 notecard

Unique 5.2 OAL=1.12 10 rounds with no failure to feed. Group off hand standing at 10 yards all rounds on 5x8 notecard.

Unique 5.4 OAL=1.12 10 rounds with no failure to feed. Group off hand standing at 10 yards all rounds within 3x3 notecard

1 - 20 of 20 Posts