Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow...It's truly awesome to see/hear the responses from some of you in regard to some of the posts made here lately. Whether the responses were private or public, it helped me realize that what we have on this forum is special, and that we're still so different from the "others" that put up with anything and everything. Lately we've had a bunch of garbage "fallout", from various angles...i.e., people coming on with "situations" that tried to dominate everyone's care/concern with sad stories of dramatic heroism/personal tragedy..."posers" if you will.
I was personally offended at the mockery that was being made of our true Spec Op's heroes..It was like the "elephant in the room" that nobody wanted to acknowledge. We all went the extra mile to give enough genuine concern and even prayer. Obviously you don't want to miss it, just on the outside chance that it could be true. Too much stuff just didn't add up...but we still wished him well...'nuff said on that... There's always going to be those trying to sell something, and posting their "goose chase" stories, lol, etc. That's pretty much a weekly event, and a few of us like to have fun with it, knowing that all of those post counts "disappear" once Gray_Wolf sends 'em packing...
There are a lot of new members lately, and that is good...as long as everyone has something to offer, whether it's helpful information to a member that has a Glock issue, or even if it's a problem they're having, that another member may have a solution for. I've learned so much from some of you...many of us have, as there is a great wealth of technical knowledge here on this forum. This is a G L O C K forum...your forum, and we really need to realize what we have here, and not allow it to become diseased with the junk that runs people off from those other forums. Trouble makers come and go, and after talking with some of you, I would encourage you to not allow the junk to pile up without pointing it out...(you know I will, lol...) While there are standards in place, some folks lose sight of them, and we need to be willing to help keep it straight.
Nobody asked me to say any of this, and some may not appreciate it, but thats ok...you'll get over it, I promise. This truly is the best forum I've ever seen...Most of the people really care about each other, and the love we share for all things
G L O C K..While it's a G L O C K forum, that doesn't mean we can't talk about anything else, but we need to try to keep it in perspective, and put topics in the proper forum. And please...no garbage...Anyway, this has been stirring in me (and some of you) for a little while, and I felt that in light of some recent postings, attitudes, it was time to say it... :rolleyes:
Had to add this...Seriously, there are a lot of"trashy" forums...where anything goes...we don't want to be one of them...but if you do, you might want to look for another one...Have a great day... :)

Thoughts...?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I do agree with what you said, and again, we all tried to help "that" individual with what we, at least, thought was help. It's quite obvious that a gun forum was not his answer and I can only hope that the stories he shared (military) were not true, because someone in that position wouldn't be "sharing" that information. Yes, we all like to have fun with the advertising and just plain "off the wall" threads started by strangers, but, there is no doubt, that we can all be friends and have fun here!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I dig the vibe of the forum, rowabi and agree that we should try to maintain the positiveness whenever possible. I try to stay out of the trollish & off-kilter conversations as there's nothing I can say to help in most cases. I figure if I got nothing worth adding, I should probably stay quiet.

now if I could just do the same with my wife :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
now if I could just do the same with my wife :)[/QUOTE]
RMD, you know that's something men will never do! I let my better half ALWAYS get the last word because the outcome is usually positive for me in the end! LOL!:)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
thought you were running for office at first! yeah, your 100% right this is an excellent forum and we do get are share of junk which i thought was all coming for the same person using different names. there's not a better place for good info than here! thanks rowabi, nice post!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thought you were running for office at first! yeah, your 100% right this is an excellent forum and we do get are share of junk which i thought was all coming for the same person using different names. there's not a better place for good info than here! thanks rowabi, nice post!
Thanks, man.
Nope...no office for me...my plate is too full, now, lol... :rolleyes: I'm not in charge of anything here, nor do I desire to be. Just seeing the trend that several have seen and discussed, and felt I'd be wrong if I didn't say what I said. I have confidence enough in the core of of this forum family, though. And the "same person, different names" thing...yeppers, I think there's been a little of that..seems there's some of the Glock trashers lurking about as well... Then there's some who just want to come in and "push"...Even so, it's still the best forum going...:p

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks, man.
Nope...no office for me...my plate is too full, now, lol... :rolleyes: I'm not in charge of anything here, nor do I desire to be. Just seeing the trend that several have seen and discussed, and felt I'd be wrong if I didn't say what I said. I have confidence enough in the core of of this forum family, though. And the "same person, different names" thing...yeppers, I think there's been a little of that..seems there's some of the Glock trashers lurking about as well... Then there's some who just want to come in and "push"...Even so, it's still the best forum going...:p
Couldn't have said it better myself!!:)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As you know rowabi, I agree with you 100%. Lets keep it Glock or put it in the correct place in the Forum.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Agree 100%. Yes their are other Glock forums but for the most part they have a signal to noise ratio that is abysmal. I can't understand why advertisers even put up ads on some of those forums. It really makes me think twice before buying their products.

Here it seems to be mainly mature people. I prefer this forum over any other Glock forum.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Agree 100%. Yes their are other Glock forums but for the most part they have a signal to noise ratio that is abysmal. I can't understand why advertisers even put up ads on some of those forums. It really makes me think twice before buying their products.

Here it seems to be mainly mature people. I prefer this forum over any other Glock forum.
I simply just like the idea of great, friendly people, not swearing at each other, not bashing each other and all are here for the same reason. To enjoy a good forum with mature people without all of the "crap" that I have seen in other forums. I always feel welcome here and hope to try to make others feel that way! :eek:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Yep, is a nice forum we have here. Personal attacks and other nonsense won't be tolerated, with time as the forum grows I'm sure we'll see some riffraff but that will be taken care of. ; )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts