Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with this keltec sub 2000? I see its cheap however I was never a big fan of keltec because of the first gun 9mm I had always failed, but that was years ago so I dont knw if they improved them or not.. I wanna get an AR OR AK but its out of my price range so I seen the keltec and checked out some youtube vid of it and some liked it some hated it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this firearm... Think I will just put aside the doe that I would use for the kel and put that towards the colt 6920 , I like that gun by the looks of it, though i know nothing about ARs. Thnks

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Probably better discussed on "other firearms", but I too have pondered that Keltec...... While it may be cheaper to get into, that's about half of what you can get into an AR (decent) for... If you can, I'd go with the bigger vision...Find somewhere that will allow layaway, put some down, pay it out, if you're not able to get it now...The AR prices are starting to climb, and stock is dwindling in some places, meaning that prices are only going to go up. If you don't see the AR happening soon, and you want the KelTec, you might consider it...I see where the AR market is going, and just got another AR the other day because of that...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I always say you get what you pay for; it is on the low end of MY gun spectrum.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I always say you get what you pay for; it is on the low end of MY gun spectrum.
True...to some degree...but having SOMETHING that you CAN have, is better than the NOTHING you'll have if it's unavailable...for whatever reason...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I would take one, read an article somewhere recently that they are decent.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I would take one, read an article somewhere recently that they are decent.
You should! Why not add to your nice arms room!!:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought about matching the 2000 to my glock 22 40 cal,,,,, should be a
good combo.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have read alot of good things about them, my dealer is looking for a 9mm with glock mags, that way i can use my 33 round mags with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I;ve only read good reviews about the Sub2k and I have one on back order.......it's been about two months. If you check out youtube and nutnfancy he has a great video on the carbine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I too looked at the Kel-tec Sub 2K. Also looked into the Hi-Point Carbine, both in 9mm.
I heard the Hi-point is a booger to clean, and only comes with 10 round magazine. There is a company that makes larger capacity for it, but having problems.
My thought was, my Glock 19 is 9mm, I'm about to buy a Lee reloader just for 9mm, the Sub 2K would shoot 9mm and hold Glock Magazines.
The High-Point carbine is prettier, but cleaning and mag capacity is already two strikes.....

·
Registered
859 Posts
The Hi-Tec is too heavy, difficult to clean and more or less a disposable @ $285 new. Might be good for the boat or truck, but for a few $100 more you get something more practical that you can hand down to the next generation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought about matching the 2000 to my glock 22 40 cal,,,,, should be a
good combo.
Bought a Kel-Tec Sub 2K about 2 yrs ago, It takes the Glock 17 mags. Amassed quite a cache of mags and then guess what?? I had to have a Glock 17. The Kel-Tec functions flawlessly, so now I have a carbine/pistol combo of not only the same caliber but take the same
mags. To make matters worse I acquired a Kel-Tec SU-22 and a unnamed .22LR pistol (already had a 9 shot .22LR revolver). So now I've got three firearms that utilize the same cal. ammo. My thought process was/is this is a good thing.

hardcase60

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Hi-Tec is too heavy, difficult to clean and more or less a disposable @ $285 new. Might be good for the boat or truck, but for a few $100 more you get something more practical that you can hand down to the next generation.
Like what do you recommend ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have owned 3 Sub 2Ks over the past 5 years. I always ended up trading them for something else or selling them. They were all 9mm, 1 used Beretta mags and 2 used Glock. They were all fung guns to shoot and all three relatively trouble free, fair on accuracy and seemed to eat almost anything I fed them. I hated breaking them down for cleaning though. It wasn't all that difficult or anything like that, I just didn't like doing it. The main reason I bought them was to build a bug-out bag with a pistol and rifle of the same caliber. My current bug-out bag is a 10/22 TD with 15 mags on tri connectors, a Neos with 15 mags and 5k rnds of CCI,40gr, CPRN. It all fits into my 10/22TD bag and is not so heavy I couldn't carry it over long distance. As to the Sub 2K I would say go ahead and get it, it is a fun gun to shoot. The highest I ever paid for any onf mine was $400 but now most I see all start around $600

1 - 20 of 21 Posts