Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thornsberry looked at the surveillance feed, spotted the robbers, and immediately went into action. He grabbed his legally-owned firearm and went to the front of the store to confront the robbers. Thornsberry recalls, “I came out and pointed my gun at the one who had a gun. [The robber] raised the gun, and I shot my gun. I know I hit him in the shoulder.”
too bad he didn't use one of those shotguns

Kentucky Store Owner Opens Fire on Armed Robbers: How one well-aimed shot saved lives (VIDEO) - Gun News at Guns.com

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like it when these stories pop up. There seem to be more and more of them in the news lately of citizens fighting back. I wonder if the lame stream media thinks they will use that as a reason to say we need a ban on guns to protect the bad guys lives.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
and we should start a bad guys fund so when they are recovering from there gunshot wounds and they can't rob anybody for a while at least they can pay there rent.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I like it when these stories pop up. There seem to be more and more of them in the news lately of citizens fighting back. I wonder if the lame stream media thinks they will use that as a reason to say we need a ban on guns to protect the bad guys lives.
I agree 100%

·
Registered
95 Posts
The thieves ought to write Thornsberry a thank-you note. “Dear Store Owner, I’m sorry for trying to rob you. Thank you for not shooting me with a shotgun. I really appreciate it.”

^ My favorite line....

Stories like this make me feel all warm and fuzzy as I pack up my range gear for the impeding weekend adventures. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I agree..gives ya that good ol' warm, fuzzy feeling :eek:, knowing the bad guy didn't win...I like it even more when it turns out to be a Glock pistol :eek: we're talking about that deters crimes... :p

·
Banned
966 Posts
Another reason I like seeing these stories in the news, as much as I wish they never happened at all, is that it might wake some anti-gun people up to the reality that there are a lot of armed predators out there and our only defense against them is to be armed. Common sense, but fear of guns is a powerful force. Some people are just as scared of a gun in their own hand as in someone else's, which doesn't make sense to me but there it is. Some people will never get it but these stories help bridge the gap IMO.

Case in point: Cafe Mom article

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not sure I would have chosen the pistol given a shotgun nearby... but the shotgun would sure have made a mess...

Chalk another one up for the good 'ole boys in Kentucky!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts