1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
God made not man made! LOL!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
For CC on the ankle I will always go with Nylon for comfort. IWB leather, OWB small of back, I would go with leather, I don't trust nylon here. OWB in a duty carry position I prefer BlackHawk Serpa but also like leather. Nothing beats a dead cow on your hip. One less beast contributing to that Global Warming BS ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I always bought Leather holsters. Never anything else. Until I bought my CZ P-01 and finding a good leather holster w2as not that easy so I decided to try a Comp-tac IWB. I have to say this is a very nice holster to ware. So I guess either will do :) JR

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a few nylon holsters, and several leather ones. Like many of you, I tend to switch it up, depending on the job or task Im doing. Ive been looking for a good tactical, leg rig, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have all 3.

Nothing's more comfy OWB than my Don Hume leather, but there's a trade-off in that it doesn't conceal as well as it's non-leather cousins.

For IWB, the CBST (combo) simply rocks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have a few nylon holsters, and several leather ones. Like many of you, I tend to switch it up, depending on the job or task Im doing. Ive been looking for a good tactical, leg rig, any suggestions?
Depends on your price point and application. I have a drop holster that I bought for $20. It is thick and durable and functionally not a bad holster that's ok for a day at the range but would I go Zombie hunting in it no. This will be my next drop leg purchase BlackHawk Tactical SERPA Holster - Level 2, Right Hand Draw FREE S&H 430503CT-R, 430504BK-R, 430506BK-R, 430500BK-R, 430503BK-R, 430506CT-R, 430503OD-R, 430504CT-R, 430504FG-R, 430504OD-R, 430506OD-R, The thing I like about this one is it is modular.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have leather, polymer, and nylon. Each has it's own place. I tend to wear the polymer paddle rigs in cooler weather and leather OWB in warmer weather. Nylon is good anytime.
I bought this rig for my HD pistol. It is expandable so it carries with the TLR-1s mounted. Nice well made drop leg rig.
Blackhawk Omega VI Ultra Holster. Ebay $45 to your door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a combo holster I went with Tucker Holsters. However, when I was at last year's Tulsa firearms show I found a holster maker, called D.M. Bullard, this company makes the best damn all leather holsters for Glocks that I've ever used, and I have a dresser drawer full of different holsters I've bought.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Both...and ballistic nylon...depends on a lot of things...

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am a big promoter of the IWB holster with Kydex and Leather.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
For OWB leather, IWB synthetic or leather, Shoulder carry leather.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
For a combo holster I went with Tucker Holsters. However, when I was at last year's Tulsa firearms show I found a holster maker, called D.M. Bullard, this company makes the best damn all leather holsters for Glocks that I've ever used, and I have a dresser drawer full of different holsters I've bought.
I think we all have one of those drawers, lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
For my G26 I started with a all kydex Blade Tech holster Phantom Series IWB holster :: IWB holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries . I really like and recommend this rig for any model Glock, especially if you are trying on a new size Glock and need a 1st holster. At 30$ they cant be beat. One word of advice, inspect your Blade Tech Phantom before use. Mine was not folded over evenly and in just a matter of hours I had some pretty serious scratches and wear. Very easy to fix if you take the holster apart, heat it and refold it correctly.

My standard ebc rig is a Galco "king tuk" hybrid iwb Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters . I love it ! My little G26 just disappears under a t-shirt. I had to use a steel rod and a heat gun to notch up a sight ramp for my tru-glo's. I think most sights would not be a issue but those tru-glo's are so long up front they can and do make a bit of contact when drawing.

I also have a crappy little nylon blackhawk iwb holster, was about 12$, uncle mikes makes a similar one. I carry this in my get home bag incase I have a malfunction with my primary rig, have a belt break (the b.h. nylon is a appendix carry dream) or for long drives sometimes I will switch to this one.

I did try the Blackhawk leather iwb concealment holster, the holster was AMAZING, the belt loop/snap not so much. Dont think I have found a all leather I liked that much, but it moved around to much and the belt loop printed like a mag pouch. BLACKHAWK! Inside the Pants Leather Concealment - BLACKHAWK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts