Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microphone Public address system Shirt Vision care Coat

Gun-toting Republican congresswoman Lauren Boebert has sparked a backlash after she said rape survivors needed a Glock 19 pistol at the time of their assault instead of abortion rights.

Addressing the House floor, the Colorado representative said: “‘Rape victims need abortion.’ Wrong. They need love. They need support. They need safety and healing. They needed a Glock 19 when it happened.”
Her pro-gun and anti-abortion views drew sharp reactions from social media users.

“I want to say this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard but I’ve heard a lot of stupid,” said Molly Jong-Fast, the editor at large for The Daily Beast.

“Colorado [representative] Lauren Boebert blames rape victims for their own assaults, saying they should have been armed to fend off rapists,” wrote Shannon Watta, founder of Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement demanding a solution to gun violence.

“The vast majority of rape victims -- more than two-thirds -- are assaulted by someone they know.”

https://news.yahoo.com/lauren-boebert-says-rape-victims-054814634.html

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I like her, and if a woman has a 9 mm in her purse, she can fill the guys personal gear full of bullets. That’s a sure fire way to take the steam out of him.

Shannon Watta said:
“The vast majority of rape victims -- more than two-thirds -- are assaulted by someone they know.”

Um, so what if they know the rapist? Thats not the point. They can be filled full of bullets too.

·
Super Moderator
155 Posts
I heard Penn and Teller (whichever the one who talks is) argue we should give a gun to every girl in America. She is free to do whatever she wants with it, sell it, throw it away or keep it. But just the fact that a criminal has to THINK about that gun will cause them to pause for a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard Penn and Teller (whichever the one who talks is) argue we should give a gun to every girl in America. She is free to do whatever she wants with it, sell it, throw it away or keep it. But just the fact that a criminal has to THINK about that gun will cause them to pause for a moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Penn and Teller are smarter than they look.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well, I don't think that G19's make for very good purse guns; however an H&K P30 with an external safety? Now that's another story! (I'd let Lauren Boebert borrow my G19, though.) ;)

Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Before she ran for office my brother and his family had lunch at her cafe in Rifle CO.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts