Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one help. My son and I were shooting my glock 23 Gen 4 using Tulammo when he was double tapping a live round got jammed in the chamber and the slide will not move. The trigger is not set I took the slide off and and the back plate and I took out the striker. put the slide back on and tried to work the slide but it is still locked it only moves enough to get the slide off. Im wondering if the casing didn't swell.Can any one help.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
So If I understand correctly there is a spent round and a live round stuck in the barrel. You are able to separate the slide from the frame but not remove the barrel from the slide. I would assume that the casing has expanded and jammed in the barrel and the casing has caught the end of the ejector essentially locking the 2 pieces together. If you feel comfortable enough, and it seem as you are in that you already pulled out the firing pin, then go ahead and remove the ejector spring and ejector. That should free your barrel from the frame. Use a lot of oil on the casing and primer and gently work it back and forth with a pair of pliers until it comes loose. Then use a hammer and a small rod to TAP out the spent round and casing. Alternate is to locate a Armorer near you, but this is all doable yourself. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pulled the ejector spring and ejector there is only one live round in barrel soaked with oil the barrel is still jammed in the slide will not budge to even get pliers on the round. I used a plastic punch and rubber mallet trying to see if I could get the barrel to move and still no luck any other suggestions.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Pulled the ejector spring and ejector there is only one live round in barrel soaked with oil the barrel is still jammed in the slide will not budge to even get pliers on the round. I used a plastic punch and rubber mallet trying to see if I could get the barrel to move and still no luck any other suggestions.
After you removed the ejector you weren't able to push the barrel down and out of the slide? At this point you may want to seek out an armorer. It sounds like you may have expanded the barrel in the slide

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right the barrel won't move at all but I think your wright the barrel might be expanded. Well I guess a glock armorer will go. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
655 Posts
Let us know when you get if fixed. Good luck man.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took it to the armorer he looked at it and took a plastic hammer hit the barrel block on top and the barrel and live round came out. He said that the glock is a blow back system and that the barrel drops a little when fired and that the barrel didn't drop because the ammo I was using jammed in the chamber. The barrel was not expanded. He stated also that when my son was shooting that he might have pulled the trigger while the slide was going back. What this has to do with it I have know idea May be someone could explain this i think it has something to do with the 3 safety mech.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Not sure what happened...just glad you got it fixed, and ya'll are ok...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Glad it came out OK. I'm guessing bad ammo - I've never had a problem with Tula, but their quality control probably isn't the best in the world. I don't see how your son could have double-tap'd so fast that he would have caused it. I'd hit your local Walmart and buy a 100 round box of Winchester white box ammo and try again.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Glad that you got it fixed, and it wasn't expensive.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Anxious to hear news on this.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good to hear that you managed to shoot allright, keep us informed on your next days at the range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts