Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a Sub-Compact Glock. The only thing that I want to make sure that I have is the magazine extension so my pinky doesn't fly way. I am open to the options and opinions from everyone. I currently have a 40 cal (P229) and my 10mm (G20) that are concealable, I am fine with concealing either one of these but I am intrigued with the sub compact Glock models. Eventually once I get use to the new weapon I would like it to become my conceal and carry pistol. I have been debating the G29 and G33 any insight would be awesome.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a G27 4th Gen with Pearce Extensions. That gives the .40 +1 in the mag. I think you get 3 in the 9mm mags if you went G26
Does the mag extension pinch when shooting?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
+1 on the plus one...For someone that does little to his Glocks, I do believe in keeping the shooting hand comfortable, even with mag extensions...no pinky hangover for me...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
G33 is next on my list. I've been carrying a G26 for years and after trying it with, and without extension, I find that I actually shoot it better without. Weird, but not that uncommon among sub-compact owners. I did install GAP floor plates as they help with draw from IWB though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I use a Pierce +1 extension on my carry G27 and I get no pinch from it. Sometimes, however, I use a G23 mag instead. It gives me even more to hold onto, and, of course more fire power:)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I use a Pierce +1 extension on my carry G27 and I get no pinch from it. Sometimes, however, I use a G23 mag instead. It gives me even more to hold onto, and, of course more fire power:)
O yay...a two for 1 deal...!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ya'll. I am still up in the air about which model is my next victim, but I have the itch and it has only been 3 weeks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know what, I don't think that the Mayans factored in leap year. If that is the case then we should have been toast a few months ago.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Can't walk around scared of what "might" happen...live right, live prepared...one thing's for sure...the path our country is on, is one of much trouble in the future, if we don't get the "boat" righted...slippery slope for sure...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't walk around scared of what "might" happen...live right, live prepared...one thing's for sure...the path our country is on, is one of much trouble in the future, if we don't get the "boat" righted...slippery slope for sure...
2nd That.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have both the G29 and the G33 and the G33 does conceal a little easier then the G29. I carry the G36 also, the three mentioned are my summer weather CCW and are carried in a Ramora holster in the appendix position with an untucked shirt.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have both the G29 and the G33 and the G33 does conceal a little easier then the G29. I carry the G36 also, the three mentioned are my summer weather CCW and are carried in a Ramora holster in the appendix position with an untucked shirt.
I am leaning towards the G29 because I really like the 10mm and I have a G20. I was reading somewhere that I could get the 357sig barrel conversion for the 29. that might be the best bet for me.

Thanks Tex.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I am leaning towards the G29 because I really like the 10mm and I have a G20. I was reading somewhere that I could get the 357sig barrel conversion for the 29. that might be the best bet for me.

Thanks Tex.
You are correct. You can shoot 10mm, .357 SIG, .40 S&W or 9x25 from a G29 with the right barrel & magazines. Very versatile.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Portability, and affordability...cheaper than buying a whole new gun...

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I had a Glock 29SF but sold it to get a gen4 G23. Recoil with full power loads was much more stout than in G20 so I found myself shooting reloads that were the sam a a hot .40, so figured might as well get a .40. Overall I'm happy with the G23, it fits my hand better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts