Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed Streicher's has Lone Wolf Conversion barrels advertized for only $99.99. Lone Wolf's web site has them for $109 + Shipping.

If you are a Glockforums.net member, for a short time, Streigher's will give you free shipping too. That's a great deal.

Reactions: NunquamNonParatus

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
When I got one I searched for a discount code and ordered directly from LW. I got the 19 G4 spring and 9mm conversion barrel for $124 or so shipped.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I just order one from LW it was $124 with shipping.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPS just dropped off my 40-9mm barrel. $99.99 delivered. It was so well packed in a sturdy box that it could have been thin glass instead of stainless steel and not been hurt in shipping.

It shipped the day I ordered. Streicher's e-mailed me a tracking # and I knew where it was in transit the entire time. Brant and Bill Egan the Contact Center Supervisor were great to deal with. You couldn't ask for two friendlier people. I highly recommend Streicher's! GlockForum.net users, don't forget... you get free shipping on your first order over $50.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Please enlighten me. Why would I want to change the barrel on my 30s?? When it shoots like this? Seriously? Curious.
As I said, "enlighten me".:cool:

Attachments

Reactions: David2014

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please enlighten me. Why would I want to change the barrel on my 30s?? When it shoots like this? Seriously? Curious.
As I said, "enlighten me".:cool:
Well, with a 'good' barrel you might be able to stand back farther than 5' when you target shoot and get the same pattern! ;)

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Well, with a 'good' barrel you might be able to stand back farther than 5' when you target shoot and get the same pattern! ;)
Heh, heh, heh...:D
That target was shot at 25 Ft.

No, seriously....
I really want to understand why people change barrels on a Glock.
I'm sure open to upgrading my 30s to make it better.
Just curious as to why I should upgrade my barrel, when it shoots like that, at 25 Ft?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

No, seriously....
Just curious as to why I should upgrade my barrel, when it shoots like that, at 25 Ft?
I got an OEM 23(40) barrel when I got the 32-357Sig, because it gives me 2 guns in one(3 if I get the 9 barrel). I may not have any 357Sig ammo at any given time, but 40 seems plentiful.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I got an OEM 23(40) barrel when I got the 32-357Sig, because it gives me 2 guns in one(3 if I get the 9 barrel). I may not have any 357Sig ammo at any given time, but 40 seems plentiful.
I guess I'm just not really up on the "2 guns in one" thing. It's cool, if that's what floats your boat.:cool:
I'm just not big on stockin up on different ammo.

I keep 2 types of ammo. .45 and 762.

How many of you have a GOOD Carbine...that shoots a Pistol Round??

Not many I'd wager to say.
Never underestimate a good Carbine with a Pistol round.

Like I've said...If I had the money...I'd own a lot more guns...and a lot more different calibers of ammo....but Alas....I am but a pauper. A HAPPY pauper...but a pauper non the lessl:cool:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I guess I'm just not really up on the "2 guns in one" thing. It's cool, if that's what floats your boat.:cool:
I'm just not big on stockin up on different ammo.

I keep 2 types of ammo. .45 and 762.

How many of you have a GOOD Carbine...that shoots a Pistol Round??

Not many I'd wager to say.
Never underestimate a good Carbine with a Pistol round.

Like I've said...If I had the money...I'd own a lot more guns...and a lot more different calibers of ammo....but Alas....I am but a pauper. A HAPPY pauper...but a pauper non the lessl:cool:
I can't argue your logic. I'm not made of money either, but I guess I just got a little carried away.:D I do have a 762 SKS. I should break it out of mothballs.

Reactions: Swampfox762

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I can't argue your logic. I'm not made of money either, but I guess I just got a little carried away.:D I do have a 762 SKS. I should break it out of mothballs.
Let me tell ya man...a good Carbine, in .45 or 9mm, is a GREAT addition to a self defense/survival collection. Add a Red Dot scope...and that .45 or 9mm is good out to a hundred yards.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

No, seriously....
You sure that target wasn't shot with a .22 rifle? Looks like small holes. :)

Seriously, I bought the 40-9mm barrel because I can get Federal 9mm a lot cheaper than the .40-- about $14 per 50 rds or UMC for around $69 for 250 rds, so I can get more range time. Plus I like the idea of being able to shoot 9mm, 40 & .357 out of the same platform with a simple barrel change. You can't do that with your 30S can you? In a true ammo shortage or SHTF situation, I can probably locate something my gun will feed.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I read nothing but good things about the HiPoint Carbines. I held one in .40 the other day. $275! They come in .45 and 9 too. I am kind of wondering why I would want a .45 in a rifle. It probably drops pretty quick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.