Glock Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some photos of the M-9 avaliable from Bud-K Knives. So far I'm 100% pleased. I haven't put it through any hard cutting chores as of yet so I can't say how well the blade itself will hold up. But thus far overall construction seems to be good and solid, and the fit and finish is very good overall. Bill T.

Bill T.

This is the bayonet mounted on my Bushmaster M-4 Modular Carbine. Bill T.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So on a bayonet there is only really about 4 inches that is doing any piercing. interesting.
Only on the civilian 16" barreled model. The bayonet is actually designed to fit on the standard issue military M-4 that has a 14.5" barrel. That also allows the hole in the hilt to position itself over the bird cage flash suppressor which is larger than the barrel itself. Installing it on a 16" barrel allows too much play between the hilt and the smaller diameter barrel. You can use it like I have pictured, but it does not fit correctly. They do make a sleeve you can use to correct this condition that fits over the barrel. But you have to remove the flash suppressor to install it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only on the civilian 16" barreled model. The bayonet is actually designed to fit on the standard issue military M-4 that has a 14.5" barrel. That also allows the hole in the hilt to position itself over the bird cage flash suppressor which is larger than the barrel itself. Installing it on a 16" barrel allows too much play between the hilt and the smaller diameter barrel. You can use it like I have pictured, but it does not fit correctly. They do make a sleeve you can use to correct this condition that fits over the barrel. But you have to remove the flash suppressor to install it.
Thanks for the explanation, now I understand.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is there a manufacture that makes bayonets that will fit the civilian 16" versions of the AR-15? I have heard of the M7 with the extensions but I could only find one place to order from and they wanted 300.00. Not gonna happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts