Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a + 2 mag extension being sold for the Glock 42 ?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No no NO. NO EXTENSION! Just go get a bigger gun if you're going to do that. There isn't an extension I've ever owned that doesn't end up in the top dresser drawer...forever!! Now...I don't want to hear all the arguments why extensions don't really add much grip length...blah blah blah bullshit! While you're at it, go get all of the other shit the Glocktarded eventually buy. The 3.5 connector, grip sleeve, grip plug....cuz you know, all this shit will make you a better shooter. Now that I've offended 90% of the folks here....just chill the frick out. I don't really care what you buy, and you really shouldn't be offended by what a total stranger thinks.:)

Reactions: Nanashi

·
Registered
154 Posts
No no NO. NO EXTENSION! Just go get a bigger gun if your going to do that. There isn't an extension I've ever owned that doesn't end up in the top dresser drawer...forever!! Now...I don't want to hear all the arguments why extensions don't really add much grip length...blah blah blah bullshit! While you're at it, go get all of the other shit the Glocktarded eventually buy. The 3.5 connector, grip sleeve, grip plug....cuz you know, all this shit will make you a better shooter. Now that I've offended 90% of the folks here....just chill the frick out. I don't really care what you buy, and you really shouldn't be offended by what a total stranger thinks.:)
I think I can tell that someone should have washed your mouth out with soap MORE. It is not what you said but how you state it.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
And here I thought it was just a pretty cool, cheap way to get 2 more rounds for the little 380 for only 20 Bucks. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
MagGuts

I have MagGuts spring/followers installed in both my G42 carry mags and have never had a single problem. These things are awesome because they don't add anything to the size of the magazines, but give you +1 each. I carry two mags and one in the pipe, for a total of 15 rounds. I've fired about 300-400 or so rounds of Fmj and a box of Hornady Critical Duty without issue and trust them. When you check out the magguts, it makes you wonder why Glock didn't just make the follower a little thinner to give us all that extra round. Check 'em out here: Glock 42 | MagGuts. I'm holding off on the TT extensions and anxiously waiting for MagGuts G43 mag conversions.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I have MagGuts spring/followers installed in both my G42 carry mags and have never had a single problem. These things are awesome because they don't add anything to the size of the magazines, but give you +1 each. I carry two mags and one in the pipe, for a total of 15 rounds. I've fired about 300-400 or so rounds of Fmj and a box of Hornady Critical Duty without issue and trust them. When you check out the magguts, it makes you wonder why Glock didn't just make the follower a little thinner to give us all that extra round. Check 'em out here: Glock 42 | MagGuts. I'm holding off on the TT extensions and anxiously waiting for MagGuts G43 mag conversions.
Cool! But...why would you want only 1 extra round, when ya can get 2?? I really don't care.
I don't like the .380 Glock. I was just trying to be helpful to the OP.

I carry a Glock 30s .45...11 Rounds.

Reactions: NunquamNonParatus

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think I can tell that someone should have washed your mouth out with soap MORE. It is not what you said but how you state it.
Ahhh....man, I'm sorry. Did I upset your sensibilities? I'm sorry...get over it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This is a thread that has been gone over before but you can never reiterate it enough because it could cost somebody their life.+ extensions are unreliable, seanvine is right, although he comes off like a Drill Sargent.If you put a + extender on your mag without installing a stronger spring you are asking for trouble.The bad thing of it is that it may not manafest itself instantly.It takes awhile for the mag spring to stretch out and cause a FTF but it will.Let's hope it isn't when your life depends on it.
I have had FTF in almost every Glock I own because of + Mag extensions when I failed to Change out the mag springs.Wolf offers + mag springs that work great.Do yourself a favor and do this before you need to use your gun to defend you and yours and it fails over the cost of a few springs.-Cowboy

·
Registered
523 Posts
No no NO. NO EXTENSION! Just go get a bigger gun if your going to do that. There isn't an extension I've ever owned that doesn't end up in the top dresser drawer...forever!! Now...I don't want to hear all the arguments why extensions don't really add much grip length...blah blah blah bullshit! While you're at it, go get all of the other shit the Glocktarded eventually buy. The 3.5 connector, grip sleeve, grip plug....cuz you know, all this shit will make you a better shooter. Now that I've offended 90% of the folks here....just chill the frick out. I don't really care what you buy, and you really shouldn't be offended by what a total stranger thinks.:)
Couldn't a said it better myself. Not only do some people think such BS will improve their shooting, they also think their gun will be more "reliable."

And....I like learning new words. Love that "Glocktarded!"

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Couldn't a said it better myself. Not only do some people think such BS will improve their shooting, they also think their gun will be more "reliable."

And....I like learning new words. Love that "Glocktarded!"
I sure don't think anybody would think that a 2 round mag extension would improve their shooting, or make anything more reliable. Don't know what would make you say that.

If I had a 42, for 20 bucks I'd give one a try. 2 extra rounds is...2 extra rounds. Did ya watch the Vid? It looks like a well made product to me.

I don't really care as I will never have a 42.
The OP wanted info on a mag extension. I had seen this before, and shared it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I sure don't think anybody would think that a 2 round mag extension would improve their shooting, or make anything more reliable. Don't know what would make you say that.

If I had a 42, for 20 bucks I'd give one a try. 2 extra rounds is...2 extra rounds. Did ya watch the Vid? It looks like a well made product to me.

I don't really care as I will never have a 42.
The OP wanted info on a mag extension. I had seen this before, and shared it.
I've noticed people reply a lot, and I don't think they read a friggin thing before doing so. He's referring to my comment about the 3.5 connector, grip sleeve, grip plug. Also, yes people do think the extended grip will make them shoot the gun better.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'll never own a 42 either. Why?!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What ever the case may be,if you are not switching to a stronger spring when switching to + Extentions you are asking for trouble.As for grip plugs, who cares, they won't get you killed like a mag malfunction will.Change the springs, period!-Cowboyb

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
No malfunctions with the Pearce+2's on my 27 mags. Just getting them broke in to where I can actually put 2 extra in there. Stock spring.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I got the mag guts for my 42 but honestly I agree with what Win231 and others have said, if capacity is your concern then go bigger.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
I am going to get Magguts for my Shield9. When I was on the road last week going to Florida? Pocket carried the Shield with no backup mags. I had the 27 IWB with 1 spare 27 mag with the +2 extension, and a 23 mag with the same.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
No malfunctions with the Pearce+2's on my 27 mags. Just getting them broke in to where I can actually put 2 extra in there. Stock spring.
That's the exact set up that failed me twice.It took awhile but they started causing FTF's and when I put the original base plates back on that ended the issue. +0's work just fine but if you are running +1 or+2 extentions,change out the springs of you use them for SF. Another little tip for you is that if you store your mags loaded for long periods of time,knock them down one round.that will take any long term strain off the mag spring.-Cowboy

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
I have to big bags of brand new +5% LW springs if I have a problem. I don't believe mag springs go bad sitting loaded. They wear out from cycling.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have to big bags of brand new +5% LW springs if I have a problem. I don't believe mag springs go bad sitting loaded. They wear out from cycling.
I stand corrected there Bro,you are right,the proof of that is that as soon as I put the original base plates on,the mags functioned just fine.Keep those +5% springs handy as you will need them in the future.-Cowboy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts