Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are the magazine grip extensions? anyone with them have some good info on them? and are they worth it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if you’re talking about the G26 it's not really needed but if you must; get the one offered by glock and not the peirce co. the peirce co one is a finger pintcher. I through mine out after grinding it down trying to correct the problem

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Rectangle Automotive wheel system Gas big time pincher, let me explain; the mag rocks in the mag well and when it does it pinches the pinky in between

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Glock-made 12 round extension mag for the 26. I like it a lot. Did notice some pinching, though, once, when practicing rapid fire. Haven't noticed any pinching since.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Wife has a pierce extension on her XDM, no problems on that gun anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been using the pierce extensions on my G26 mags without any problems. For me it feels better (more comfort and control) to use all of my fingers to grip my Glock. I've heard that the right size o-ring on the mag can help decrease the pinching.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
what happens is the rocking of the mag in the mag well and that little lip on the extension that is supposed to complete the finger grip at the bottom of the "PLUS 1" extensions. I haven’t tried and of the other kind like the one that is just a floor plate finger grip

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
the one thats just the floor plate is shaped a little different, more rounded. i think those came with the gun g30, g36, g29. the pearce is on my 27. i think a lot depends on the size of your hands because i know a lot of people rely on the extended grip, my daughter being one of them. as for me if its there ok if its not ok too.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
if you’re talking about the G26 it's not really needed but if you must; get the one offered by glock and not the peirce co. the peirce co one is a finger pintcher. I through mine out after grinding it down trying to correct the problem

View attachment 858 big time pincher, let me explain; the mag rocks in the mag well and when it does it pinches the pinky in between
I had some on a G26...never had a problem getting pinched...I could see how it could happen, though..

·
Registered
8 Posts
the one thats just the floor plate is shaped a little different, more rounded. i think those came with the gun g30, g36, g29. the pearce is on my 27. i think a lot depends on the size of your hands because i know a lot of people rely on the extended grip, my daughter being one of them. as for me if its there ok if its not ok too.
I have one mag with and one mag without, i need the grip extensions....it completes me :)

and it's not like it's setting you back $200, i found a few at a pawn shop for $10.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I had them on my G27 out of necessity to alleviate grip crowding. I was thinking of getting them for my G36 just to gain the +1. I never had a problem with mine. I'd give it a whirl.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Have Glock 19 and purchased the Pearce grip enhancer that adds two more 9mm rounds. Find that it is really hard to get that 17th round in a 15 round magazine. Plus it really adds to the length of the grip. Went back to the Pearce regular grip enhancer with the small lip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts