Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just saw a video of a Magpull experimental flashlight/Glock combo. This thing is so cool, when it is all folded up, it's just a little bigger than an old VHS casette, but with a few simple steps, it transforms into a Glock shoulder fired pistol with a 33 rd mag ! Magpull says it will never be put on the market--I'm sure the BATFE would never allow it--But it really is awesome. Has anyone seen this thing?:p

http://videos2view.net/texas-light.htm#.TpjYMP3QiMM.aolmail

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! I think I just fell in love. I wish it would be put into production. I will keep praying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I would call it 'Perfected Perfection' But like I said, the BATFE would never allow it for civillians:mad:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That is AWESOME!!! I think I just fell in love. I wish it would be put into production. I will keep praying.
Same here. I love it. I contacted the company early last year to see if they were going to sell it. They sent me back an email stating that it was just a prototype and there are no plans to go into production with this unit. I wish someone else would.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think I would call it 'Perfected Perfection' But like I said, the BATFE would never allow it for civillians:mad:
There should be no reason that the BATF should even have a say on it. You supply the firearm. it does not come with it. Magpul, unfortunately did not give me a reason why they would not make it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There should be no reason that the BATF should even have a say on it. You supply the firearm. it does not come with it. Magpul, unfortunately did not give me a reason why they would not make it.
The thing of it is that in a configuration like that, it is not considered a handgun, it is a modified deployment system containing a handgun. Think of it as the Desantis shoot thru pocket holster for the Seecamp that BATFE BANNED from posession or use because it alters the design of the original firearm. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is:confused:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
You have a point. May that was the reason it never went into production then.
Yeah, great concept, as the Magpul rep. says, but a concept weapon, not intended for production. What a tease:(
Also, I think the weapon was made as a full auto, just to put the cherry on top!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
The thing of it is that in a configuration like that, it is not considered a handgun, it is a modified deployment system containing a handgun. Think of it as the Desantis shoot thru pocket holster for the Seecamp that BATFE BANNED from posession or use because it alters the design of the original firearm. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is:confused:
You have a point, and I now understand. But it is sad that it is never going to be in my possession. I might be willing to give a kidney or left testicle or similar.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I did not know that shoot thru holster was banned, used to see them years ago at gun shows.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Ouch...on the kidney or the testicle...I used to think I wanted a G18 that bad...not so much, now...lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ouch...on the kidney or the testicle...I used to think I wanted a G18 that bad...not so much, now...lol
The G18 would be bad ass, but there is some thing that just are out of reach. Oh well the closes thing that we can get with out the class 3 tag attached is the Bump Fire Stock of the AR and AK model rifles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did not know that shoot thru holster was banned, used to see them years ago at gun shows.
Yeah, BATFE wasn't about to send a letter to everyone in their database to let them know, it was sent to me in a quarterly newsletter to all FFL's, so I guess it was MY JOB to tell all my customers so they didn't get arrested!!:confused:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Found that out while looking for a back pocket carry holster for the LCP...there was a bunch of confusion over it as I remember...different interpretations...I decided to leave it alone...thanks for the info...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.