Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
966 Posts
thats about the same price it is here in texas
That's gotta be a Gen3. But hey, I've replaced two parts on my Gen4 to make it more like a 3. First was the trigger assembly so I could get rid of that sorry ribbed trigger and replace it with a smooth Gen3 one. At first I didn't know why my finger would get sore after firing 20-30 rounds. And I replaced the two-piece plastic guide rod with a one-piece Gen3-style only it's tungsten which is why I wanted it.

I think the whole Gen4 thing was just a way to justify raising prices, not that it does. The only worthwhile Gen4 feature is the choice of backstraps, IMO.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
we are losing sight of one thing, new glocks are illegal in mass period. you can probably buy them illegally at some lgs but i wouldn't want to get caught with one. i've said this before but just for the heck of it take me to task and look on four seasons guns in woburn mass and see what he gets for pre 10/21/98 glocks. there is no way around it legally.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I guess it's kinda messed up that about three months ago I bought a Gen 2 G19,(Mass. police trade in) from Glockmeister for $398.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I refuse to live in a state with such restrictive gun control laws. I've been wanting a gen2 for awhile actually. I may pick one of those up from that link posted above. Thats my hometown area code 816!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
MA Glock owners and those interested in owning a MA Legal Glock 22 please checkout my listing on gunbroker.com. Auction # 328334083

G22 with 7 High-cap mags, IWB holster, Fobus Paddle Holster, Hogue grip. Excellent condition!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm from MA and just bought a gen 3 23c for 575$, with 100 rounds of ammo. What I've come to realize is that you have to get one in a private transfer, going to a gun store is a rip off. I was lucky and found one that had been brought in by a marine from North Carolina. Also new glocks are NOT illegal, they are on the approved firearm roster, but gun shops will not sell them because of the AG. One important thing to note with post 98 Glocks is that the magazines must be 10 rounders, unless the mag itself is pre ban.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
gun shops can't legally sell them because of the a g regulation, must have mag disconnect and a ten pd trigger pull and yes your right about everytning else

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Some folks just want a GLOCK so bad and think for some reason they can't wait out the frenzy. Also welcome to the forum Crisf350 from NW Florida!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
we are losing sight of one thing, new glocks are illegal in mass period. you can probably buy them illegally at some lgs but i wouldn't want to get caught with one. i've said this before but just for the heck of it take me to task and look on four seasons guns in woburn mass and see what he gets for pre 10/21/98 glocks. there is no way around it legally.

New Glock's aren't illegal to own in Mass. The only folks that can get in trouble with the AG are an FFL that sells or transfers a post-ban Glock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings all. I have a question for you Mass gun owners.... Mags manufactured prior to 98 are okay. I get that. But. (and I may be wrong) would that restrict you to non drop free mags? The LEO stamped mags I have seen don't have manufacture dates on them. Reason is, I have a couple of NDF mags for a G19 and if my neighbors to the north (I live in CT) could use them, I'd rather see them put to good use there vs. somewhere where manufacture dates didn't matter. And a 1st gen G19 with Trijicons up there should run 550, or have I been out of the loop for too long?

Thanks in advance

tdaddy762

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
This being your first post, let me Welcome you to the Forum. Sorry your Second Amendment rights are constricted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it's odd to live somewhere so steeped in the the roots of the revolution and at the same time to have some of the more restrictive gun laws in the nation.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Welcome tdaddy762 from NW Florida!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Greetings all. I have a question for you Mass gun owners.... Mags manufactured prior to 98 are okay. I get that. But. (and I may be wrong) would that restrict you to non drop free mags? The LEO stamped mags I have seen don't have manufacture dates on them. Reason is, I have a couple of NDF mags for a G19 and if my neighbors to the north (I live in CT) could use them, I'd rather see them put to good use there vs. somewhere where manufacture dates didn't matter. And a 1st gen G19 with Trijicons up there should run 550, or have I been out of the loop for too long?

Thanks in advance

tdaddy762
i have a few le stamped mags which i use because i am retired leo. if i sell the gun i buy a regular mag to give with the gun. you never know when someone could be questioned over just the fact the mag says leo only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
eh....the Gen 4 G23 here in TN is $600 ish. if you can find somewhere that offers a good leo discount you can get it for about $398 or so. ammo however is a different story. just like most other places, its almost impossible to find any significant amount of ammo here

21 - 40 of 47 Posts