Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Speer Gold.Dot 155gr HP for home defense so they don't get fired like the target rounds do...
so my question is there a shelf life? Should I every 5 years or so exhaust those rounds also and replace
them?

Don't laugh if that's a silly question lol (I'm still relatively new to this, not firing a weapon but owning one)

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
usually the only thing that effects ammo is dampnest or water. however every once in a while i fire off the old stuff and replace it.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
1Jimmy's advice is a good plan.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Some say carry ammo should be rotated out every 6 months to a year. The reason is that gun powder will break down as it is shook turning normal pieces into dust thus not filling the inside of the case. When this happens pressure is built up instead of pushing the bullet out and can cause a KB. There was one case of an M/C cop that carried a box of ammo in his M/C bags for 6 months and never changed it out. He decided to shoot it up at the range one day and the powder had denigrated to dust thus causing a KB

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
with the way R&D goes anyway, in 5 years there will be a better round on the market. I say expend them and replace them.
Yeppers...I agree...Don't try to stockpile carry ammo...after a while, shoot it up and get some more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts