Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a G 19 wanting a Gen 4 but was wondering if the new ones are still having issues if so ill just wait till they get them ironed out

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I bought a G19 yesterday after selling my G17 GEN 4. I had a choice between the G19 GEN 3 or GEN 4. The differance was only $50. I picked the GEN 3 because I dont feel that the 9mm needs a dual recoil spring. My G17 would not cycle with el Cheapo ammo (Monarch brand, I errounesly reported it as Marathon in another thread). I also have no use for the reversable mag release. I also did not use the grip adapters on the GEN 4. The GEN 4 comes with 3 mags versus 2 with the GEN 3 but I can buy extra mags for $25. As far as the RTF I can take it or leave it.
All of this is subjective of course. I like the G19 because of its 'Commander' like size, I wish I had not sold my G32.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea ill probally get a Gen 3 and not the 4 cause i use the weak cheap ammo to plink with and i do so like to plink and get better with my guns i just took my new G21 SF to the range and had a blast wanting the 9 its a whole lot cheaper to plink with thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
As far as I have heard there are no more problems. If you do buy a used Gen 4 all you have to do is call them up to see if you need a replacement spring and they will send one out to you at no charge if you do.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As far as I have heard there are no more problems. If you do buy a used Gen 4 all you have to do is call them up to see if you need a replacement spring and they will send one out to you at no charge if you do.
Mine had the correct spring and still would not cycle with the el cheapo. I am not carrying the G19 for CCW so all I shoot 9mm for is practice, thus the cheap stuff. I do have a good supply of 9mm self defense ammo saved just in case tho. The Monarch is the only brand with which i had trouble.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive researched the problems with the recoil spring they first used the no3 spring then changed to no4 recoil spring still problems ,,, they say its the extractor they went with a differnt extractor in the older gen 4 and some of the latest gen3 I love Glocks always have got 2 now wanting a 3rd the 19 but dont want a defective pistol so thats why im enquiring , im going to keep researching

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
My G19 GEN 3 was test fired May 2012, I compared the extracor in it to the one in my G31 that was test fired October of 2010 and they are identical. I dont think Glock had any reson to change the extractor in the GEN 3 G19s as I have never heard of any problem with them. In fact the G19 is supposed to be the most popular Glock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welleven if it messes up with cheap ammo No 1 has ever said that they mess up with the Good ammo,,, oh since this post i bought a G 19 GEN 4 and i can say it feels good in my hands i have a smaller hand so yea this is a good match plus the Gun Shop was all out of Gen 3 just Gen 4s now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts