Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to search for this type of holster on this forum and was unable to find any threads on this particular holster...if you want to call it that.

So on my never ending search for holsters, I ran across a thing called the MIC holster. I found it here: GLOCKTECH INDUSTRIES - Home of the Original MIC Holster since 1997
Does any one have any personal experience with one of these? I've gotta admit, I am interested in these MIC Holsters. Any hoo, any and all opinions and or personal experiences will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm not Brudlbdings; but I did spend last night at a Holiday Inn Express. :D The answer to your question is, 'Yes, the loop goes around your belt.'

It's, also, been my experience that the few people I know who own these holsters do NOT use them as, 'primary carries'. Whenever we do any serious shooting these, 'mini-holsters' are never used - Never!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have the MIC and a similar holster to the Raven. I find they are good for making quick trips to the store, etc. But for all day use I use one of my other holsters (I have too many).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I really like the MIC and have 2. I was very excited about the idea of carrying appendix IWB with it but soon found that it was too uncomfortable. It's a really cool holster, though. I use it for placing on the gun when it's on my nightstand at night. Also, if I'm in a hurry and need to go down to the grocery or something, I quickly put it in the MIC holster and am good to go. If you get one, make sure you watch their video on how to take it on and off properly, so that you don't break it. It goes on from the front of the trigger guard and comes off the bottom of the trigger guard. From what the maker told me, you will have the best success with taking it off and putting it on if you use a very quick motion. If you go too slow, it supposedly puts too much stress on the kydex and will eventually crack it. Honestly, once I lose a little more weight I'm hopeful that I can start wearing the MIC holster more often.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Buy one and you will use it, like some say if anything it is a good nightstand safety. I use mine all the time for a verity of chores. There are other LIKE the MIC but some are too big and really seem to go beyond what is needed (to cover the trigger)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Brudlbdings

That strap with a snap on it, is that to loop around your belt?
As Pistolero said yes that loop goes around your belt. It also comes with the paracord the MIC comes with and the arm the loop is attached to is removable. I own one of these and I absolutely love it. It's my primary use holster. I wear it in jeans and in shorts and in dress slacks. I wear it tucked and untucked. I wear it all day and its comfortable and it's 100% secure. I wore it to the beach last weekend and I ran and played with the dog and it never moved.

As stated if you're going to be shooting and drawing and reholstering it isn't made for that. This holster has to be removed and re-attached then you have to put it back in your pants everytime. But if you like the minimalist holsters and you want a MIC with the ability to wear it on your belt and be able to tuck in a shirt you can't go wrong with this holster. It does all of that.

·
Registered
896 Posts
The Glock I keep under my pillow is always in C-3; and my brain - sleep addled or otherwise - is long preconditioned to racking the slide and firing. Consequently, I know I'd just be adding an additional step to an already well-established personal safety routine by keeping my Glock in C-1 and putting this holster over the trigger guard. When you're sleepy, long established, good gun-handling habits are EVERYTHING!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts