Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unusual problem. I broke my trigger finger when I was a kid in High School and it has grown back leaning toward my middle finger. When I shoot my new Glock, my crooked finger hits the trigger guard. After a few rounds it becomes not only distracting but painful. Does anyone know of a shop that modifies Glock trigger guards? Thanks.

2012-12-04_23-52-19_488.jpg 2012-12-04_23-51-44_940.jpg

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Not knowing exactly where your finger is contacting the trigger guard, I will say that it may be possible for you to do a little modifying on your own using a fine file and or fine sandpaper. You can knock off any sharp edges that may be hitting your finger. If you take this route.....go slowly. You can always take a little more off, but you can't put it back on once it's gone.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I agree with the above comment; after all its just polymer.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...sorry about the finger.. In talking with Glock about your situation, I realized that several things come into play here..First, if you modify the frame, you've automatically voided the warranty. Second, which model do you have? If you have one of the smaller frames (other than the full-size .45/10mm), you might try looking at one of those larger models to see if you can manipulate the trigger without pain. I don't know if corrective surgery is an option, but either way, I hope you can find some middle ground, as to allow you to shoot and enjoy Glocks. Lastly, and I never like to do this, I'd say that in the most extreme case, you might have to look at another style of pistol than can have the trigger area modified...Hope you get it resolved...let us know what you find out...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Most modifications are done to the outside of the trigger guard as in rounding off the square front. most if not all people don't mess with the inside because if you get too much space in between the trigger and guard you chance your finger would wedge in between them and thus not allowing trigger reset. you really don’t need to smooth it out and it only happens when you’re at the range when shooting so I say try some shooting gloves or something like a finger guard before you mess with the trigger guard

Leather-finger-guard-protects--5289883.jpg
Finger Guards - Gloves & Hand Protection | MSCDirect.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts