Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning y'all.

This is my first Glock purchase and I'm getting familiar with my firearm. Still have a learning curve to overcome.

While I was re-assembling my Glock 19 after stripping and cleaning it, I believe I improperly set the recoil spring assembly, thus leaving me with a non-functional weapon. I've attached a picture to illustrate the final product.

Can anyone provide some advice as to how to rectify this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Morning y'all.

This is my first Glock purchase and I'm getting familiar with my firearm. Still have a learning curve to overcome.

While I was re-assembling my Glock 19 after stripping and cleaning it, I believe I improperly set the recoil spring assembly, thus leaving me with a non-functional weapon. I've attached a picture to illustrate the final product.

Could it be that the spring is in backwards? If so, check out this Glocktalk thread:

Installed recoil spring backwards - Glock Talk

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You should be able to find detailed instructions on U Tube on dis-assembly and re-assembly..

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Looks like the slide is sitting on top of the front rail. I've seen people do that before. Just take it off and make sure the front rail gets in when you do it again.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Morning y'all.

I have seen this before. If it is to the point that the slide has come back too far and the firing pin block is now catching you may have to remove the remove the back plate and pull out the slide internals. That will usually clear up the problem the slide should then slide off.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Wlcome...sorry for your troubles...hope you fix it quick...

·
Registered
655 Posts
You are killing us. We need to know if you got that thing fixed!!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It happens, man. I saw someone do possibly the same thing at a gunshop.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts