Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I searched for a "If you could only have one" thread and did not find one. If it does exist please excuse my noobyness and hopefully a mod will delete this.

After making my first post here and getting nothing but positive helpful responses and browsing some older threads I can see that a lot of experience and knowledge is present here. For now I am a one Glock guy, that will change sometime this summer. I have a few models in mind but I am not looking for a "G26 vs G27" type of debate based largely on ballistics.

So I am asking you, If you could only have one, which one? Please share atleast the main aspects of why Gxx is the one for you. Things like concealability, caliber, maybe its how it integrates into your WROL/SHTF system, ease of carry, versatility. Perhaps you did not care for a particular model until you tried someone else's firearm in a particular custom configuration and it clicked , went bang and became your baby. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i am sure you are aware that is a very hard question! glock 27 is my choice. the light weight is a factor as is the size. also i can shoot it with one hand and its very easy to conceal with iwb holster. however i do think that trial and error is the best decision maker, depending on how you shoot and how a particular gun fits your hand.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Gen3 G19.

It may not be the best at any one single thing (power, capacity, concealability, etc.) - but it may be the best all-around, when all factors are considered.

Thank goodness I can have more than one :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Wow, that is a real hard question, but push come to shove I guess it would be my G33 as it is the easiest to conceal. Hope I never have to make that choice.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
The G31 .357 SIG. The ammo is pricey though.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I would have to say for me it would by my G23. Still concealable but will hold a little more ammo than my G27. I prefer .40 and have considerably more lying around than 9mm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good stuff guys thanks. My true love is my G26. Im a average size guy (5'11 -175Lb) with a athletic build and a 33 inch waist. Hiding even a G19 well is a challenge that is only possible with a appendix carry at 12:30-1:00 and even then it has to stay in just the right spot or it prints almost instantly when I move.

All of the sub compacts work well for me both in the ease of carry/grip-purchase when drawing categories. The reason I chose the G26 was the 9mm factor, my follow up shots under simulated stress seem to group better and I can afford to train as often as I can find time for.

Thanks for responding guys. I know this is a tuff one for many of you, but you have all ready given me new integer's for my equation.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would have to pick the 19 or 23, for size, capacity, ammo availability...for now...until I complete the entire collection, at which time I'll definitely give a revised update...lol

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
As much as I like my G23 gen4, I shoot my G22 gen4 a lot better, plus I have a G17 upper for it and a LWD conversion barrel just in case. Love the full side G17/22 gen4!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't use my G21 for EDC. I do however, use it for a trailgun. I bought it for this reason. I wanted a pistol that can handle everything Mother Nature might throw at it. It needs to stand up to wet weather, heat/humidity, cold, rough handling, and an occasional dump from a 4 wheeler or horse. When I started thinking about it, Glock was what came to mind and my past experiences with them is what sealed the deal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good Question :confused: I would have to say my G27. It's the most concealable, .40 has more punch than a 9mm, and it'll accept all the larger size mags for added firepower if the situation calls for it. :eek:

But I would deeply miss all my others!!:(

·
Registered
655 Posts
In a Zombie Apocalypse I might have to go with my FN 5.7 with 3 30 round clip extensions. Of course you never leave home with just one :)
2nd that. It is one cool gun, and one nasty little bullet. Zombies Beware.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good Question :confused: I would have to say my G27. It's the most concealable, .40 has more punch than a 9mm, and it'll accept all the larger size mags for added firepower if the situation calls for it. :eek:

But I would deeply miss all my others!!:(
Wait a minute, you said if you could only have one?? I change my answer to a G18, with tons of ammo!!:cool:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wait a minute, you said if you could only have one?? I change my answer to a G18, with tons of ammo!!

I was wondering how long it would take, hehehe....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well technically the G18 is out of the equation for me as far as my next Glock. This is a honest inquiry looking for more information than basic ballistics to factor into my next Glock purchase. As far as what you have won, nothing in material form. However knowing you are the reason a half dozen people or so will be smacking themselves in the forehead muttering "duh" because your the sharpest knife in the drawer should feel good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In a Zombie Apocalypse I might have to go with my FN 5.7 with 3 30 round clip extensions. Of course you never leave home with just one :)
Nice. :)
I was thinking my g21 gen4 with my 30rnd kriss mags for the zombie apocalypse/ SHTF job. The 5.7 is great if you want to punch holes in bodyarmor but a .45apc will bitch-slap some zombies back to the grave. ;)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Nice. :)
I was thinking my g21 gen4 with my 30rnd kriss mags for the zombie apocalypse/ SHTF job. The 5.7 is great if you want to punch holes in bodyarmor but a .45apc will bitch-slap some zombies back to the grave. ;)
Here are my 2 reasons for 5.7 as a Zombie Killer.
1. In theory it only take a head shot to scramble the brains to end the threat of a zombie. This according to all zombie movies of course. Practical implementation has not been tested...yet :) Therefore the 5.7 should do the job very nicely. Contrary to the MSM's portrayal of the 5.7 round, they do not penetrate body armor unless the rounds are of the armor piercing type, and these are highly restricted and unable to be purchased by civilians. The standard SS195LF and the SS197SR are classified as 'Not armor piercing' by the BATF&E.
2. Although a .45 cal is great I would be able to carry 200 - 250 rounds of 5.7 for every 50 rounds of .45 cal by weight. That is a no brainer.

* 5.7 x 28mm Wiki

1 - 20 of 47 Posts