Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My weekly recreational shooting is at a private range with one of three Ruger revolvers. I find shooing revolvers relaxing and quite enjoyable.

During one of those sessions I also do defensive drills with my carry gun, a G27. One of the drills is to first point shoot 9 rounds of either Speer Gold Dot 155gr HP or Winchester Q4369 180gr JHP starting a foot away from a target and quickly move backwards from the target until the final round of the magazine is expended.

After that, I spend two or so hours shooting at targets placed at 5 yard intervals up to 25 yards. For this segment of my range work, I general expend up to 200 rounds of Blazer 180gr FMJ or Winchester 165gr FMJ ammunition. I use both a standing Weaver stance and an Isosceles stance.

I like the size of the G27 for concealed pocket carry. I have gone to this model after years of carrying a G21 on my hip either open carried or concealed on my hip under a jacket. Although the sight radius of the G21 allowed me to print smaller patterns at farther distances, the G27 is as accurate in my hands up to 15 yards as the G21.

IMO, the Glock product is outstanding. I have owned the G30 and G36 in addition to the G21 and G27. All have been easy to maintain, reliable, accurate and impervious to the elements.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats on your practice and choice of weapons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thank each of you.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I miss having access to a private range where you can train the way you would shoot

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome aboard and thank you for that very detailed range report. I like it when someone explains their routine in detail. I wish I had a routine! Just do whatever feels right when I'm at the range! However, at home I make quite the effort to make sure my family is safe so I have several "routines" worked out for anything, unless someone is outside firing an M203 through my windows!!

And if there was any fear of the latter happening, my better half would probably support me going down and spending $11,319.00 for the nice Barrett M82A1 50BMG !!!

http://www.birminghampistol.com/product/barrett-50bmg/

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome from PA...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts