Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to mention to everyone, if you are in the market for a great little plinker, you absolutely can't go wrong with Ruger's SR22. Even though it's designed like the larger SR frames, it's accuracy, dependability and handling are fantastic! It comes with an extra grip that is wider for comfort for those of us with larger hands. Just remove the magazine, slide the smaller one off and then slide the larger one on. Also along with the two magazines, it comes with 2 extra magazine base plates that are curved forward at the bottom for a much better grip. I installed both of them and love them. They advertise these everywhere for $399.00 plus tax. I walked out the door with mine for $315.00 including tax. It seems that they sell pretty quick because he had 10 in stock when I bought mine and he is currently out of them. It also comes with a nice zippered pouch. Don't get me wrong, I love the accuracy of the Mark series pistols, but this was one of those "have to haves" for me. I only use CCI Mini-Mag 40 grain 1235 fps rounds. Never had a single FTF or FTE with these. And besides that, with the price of .22 ammo being so inexpensive, I don't mind feeding the best through my little baby! Take down for cleaning takes about 10 seconds. The barrel is mounted so it doesn't get removed when cleaning. Just a nice .22 bore snake and good old spray Rem Oil does the trick just fine. Everyone that I've talked to that has one of these tell me that they need very little lubrication and they are right. I clean after EVERY range visit and after about 1500 rounds so far, this thing cleans up to look brand new!! Just wanted to throw this info out there because I feel that I didn't go wrong in buying this pistol and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes to spend hours at the range, like I do! :eek:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And by the way, my LEO best friend went with me on our last range visit. He fired my little baby then went straight to the gun store and picked one up!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I took my teenage daughter shooting with me earlier this year and the SR22 was her favorite. It might very well be my next purchase. Good zombie hunting pistol too :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took my teenage daughter shooting with me earlier this year and the SR22 was her favorite. It might very well be my next purchase. Good zombie hunting pistol too :)
Oh yea! Can't go wrong with this little .22. Honestly, I was really surprised how accurate this small pistol is. One little tweak on the rear sight and I was dead on. Put quite a few rounds through the same holes! I was shooting at 10 yards, then moved the target back to 15, then gave it a "shot" at 25. I was pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
126 Posts
My co worker has one and I shot it once. Loved it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish every semi had the "crisp" smooth trigger pull that the SR22 has! I know that's impossible, but man, that trigger pull is really what makes that pistol stand out compared to every other rimfire pistol that I have ever fired!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Haven't shot one yet, but heard they were fun...enjoy:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't shot one yet, but heard they were fun...enjoy:)
Come on down! I'm gonna spend a lot of time at the range next week! I will provide room and board and even supply ALL of the ammo! LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts