Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am going to send my G19 to Zev/Glockworx for some mods, lincluding a red dot. I am thinking Trijicon, but I am interested in earing opinins and experiences from everyone.

Some other mods I am considering:
I am also, going to have a grip reduction with double undercut trigger guard and beavertail. Haven't decided yet on to go with the 1911 grip angle or not. Suggestions?
Internal magwell added
Duty trigger will be added. Any thoughts on pull weight?
Titanium pin kit
Extended mag release
Zev Tech Stainless Steel Skeletonized Striker
ZEV Tech Lightweight Titanium Firing Pin Safety Plunger
Extended Titanium Slide Lock Bar
ZEV Tech Tungsten Guide rod
Night sights to be used with/or without RMR (really need recommendations here too and I am considering the higher suppressor sights, any comments or ideas will be greatly appreciated)
Will also have front slide serrations added, and possibly some other cuts.

Please add or comment on anything. I am very excited to hear everyone's opinions.
Thanks so much all!
Steve

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this is probably not what you want to hear but i would wait to do anything until i really put a lot of rounds on the gun. you may find that a lot of the things you mentioned would not improve its operation dramatically. one key area being the trigger. most glocks come standard with a 5.5 pd trigger pull and of course you will get varying opinions on this but to me when you start getting below that the gun is no longer safe to carry by my standards.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you like the 1911 grip angle (as I do), consider adding a Grip Force Adaptor (26.95 shipped from the maker). I got one for my 19, took a whole 2 minutes or so to install, and IMO it does exactly what you're asking about, and adds a beavertail as well. The trigger on my 19 is a 5.5 unit, but is actually heavier than that, so I ordered a Ghost 3.5 from Brownell's (9.95 + ship) and will install it this morning. Already did the 25 cent polish job that smoothed things out a bit. Other than a new set of sights...as yet undecided which ones...I'm stopping there. Personally, I can't see the need for titanium this or that, or the long guide rods. But, it's your bucks and your gun.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Can't give you much insight as I don't have any of the ZEV Mods but I haven't heard complaint 1 from anyone who does. Can't go wrong with trijicon red dot. just about anyone who is reputable and makes a good product will be in that price range anyway. There are cheaper ways to go but you probably won't be happy and it won't last as long.

If you plan on using a suppressor then plan for the sights. It will be a change down the road if not. The 1911 grip is great but then so is the Glocks. It's like anything you have to get used to to like it. I personally wouldn't go Beavertail and 1911 Grip on a Glock but everyone likes something different

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you need a grip reduction, you might want to consider getting a Springfield XD or a Gen. 4 and not using a back strap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ive got the zev striker and plunger on my 17 and i love them, mix it with a 3.5lbs drop in assy. and comp spring kit your looking at a SMOOTH no s*** sub 3lbs pull. As for the 1911 grip angle, try one of the grip force adapters like JW174 was mentioning...the work very well with the titanium pin kit...have fun

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
try one of the grip force adapters like JW174 was mentioning
with all due respect do you think a GFA is really going yo make a difference, we have a wrist and for 8 bucks try a hogue grip it just might be what you need

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
with all due respect do you think a GFA is really going yo make a difference, we have a wrist and for 8 bucks try a hogue grip it just might be what you need
I actually have one on my G22 and love it. It's adds just enough of a beaver tail without be 1911ish to help reduce the flip so you stay on target. I'm not one for a lot of additional accessories to help with shot placement but more for shooting fundamentals, but this does quite an impressive job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts