Glock Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around town today and there is hardly any 9mm ammo out here. Pleanty of 45 ammo, price is a little high but atleast it is here. I already own a G-21 4th gen with 5 13 round mags so I thought about just stocking up on .45 ammo and getting a second 45. Any thoughts? Dave

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
My LGS has ammo, and it's reasonable...and rationed...lol ...Took the plunge on a Kimber Pro Carry today, as I had the bug for a .45, and was tired of waiting on my G30 S...I've gotta start buying that ammo again myself, as I now have another .45, and the G30 S soon, I hope. Away from the LGS, I'm not finding much available at any price... Gander Mtn, 6 wallyworlds, Sports Authority, 2 Dick's Sporting goods, Academy Sports......nobody else has any...that's a shame..
Guess I'll have to get it a couple of boxes at a time, build back up...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My LGS has tons of ammo, and it's reasonable...and rationed...lol ...Took the plunge on a Kimber Procarry today, as I had the bug for a .45, and was tired of waiting on my G30 S...I've gotta start buying that ammo again myself, as I now have another .45, and the G30 S soon, I hope. Away from the LGS, I'm not finding much available
Nice choice, I have not figured out what my next 45 will be.Dave

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
this ammo thing will pass at some point. i don't think i would buy a gun based on the availability of ammo. the situation could reverse itself tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Stock up on any caliber you can as long as you have the weapon for it. And yes, I am finding a lot more 45acp then 9mm. I am going ammo hunting tomorrow,

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Stock up on any caliber you can as long as you have the weapon for it. And yes, I am finding a lot more 45acp then 9mm. I am going ammo hunting tomorrow,
Happy hunting, my friend... :) Hope ya get a buggy full...a shoppin' buggy, that is...:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
9mm and .22LR is almost impossible to find. Glad I have a Glock G22 (.40 cal) and have a Kimber Eclipse Custom II coming (.45 cal)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
9mm and .22LR is almost impossible to find. Glad I have a Glock G22 (.40 cal) and have a Kimber Eclipse Custom II coming (.45 cal)
Love those ...this was my second Kimber purchase...you'll love the Eclipse...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was lucky enough to purchase what I consider to be the ultimate .45acp (for me) a little over a decade ago and have not had any interest in another .45 since. The Smith & Wesson Performance Center 4563 CQB.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You might say I like .45s. I have a G30, Colt Combat Commander XSE, and an old 1911 A1 parts gun that was assembled during the Vietnam era. They all work well and I haven't had any problems with them. .45 ACP is getting harder to find, but I keep scrounging.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
One of these days I'm going to be looking around for a 1911 in 9mm. I did all my competition shooting with custom .45's and shot thousands of rounds through them. Everything about them fit me well. Carried one off duty for a few years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking around town today and there is hardly any 9mm ammo out here. Pleanty of 45 ammo, price is a little high but atleast it is here. I already own a G-21 4th gen with 5 13 round mags so I thought about just stocking up on .45 ammo and getting a second 45. Any thoughts? Dave
You can never go wrong on having a large stock pile of ammo, store it where it stays cool ( heat causes rapid determination of gunpowder) and dry, dampness causes brass to corrode. Jackalope3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts