Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“This coalition has looked at the experience of other states which do allow people to carry concealed, and based upon that experience we are convinced that the more guns there are in our churches, in our schools, in our play lots, on the streets, in movie theaters, and in shopping malls, the more guns there are in these and other public places the more shootings, injuries and deaths there will be and this is not what we want for Illinois,” said Organizer of the Stop Concealed Carry Coalition Lee Goodman.

And this is from the state with the highest crime rates in the country.
Doesn’t sound like a lot of people are too happy about it and on top of that the state is applying a 25.00 tax on all gun sales

New Coalition Forms to Stop Concealed Carry in Illinois (VIDEO) | Guns.comGuns.com

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slot machines, video poker and cigarettes all getting taxed in cook county... sounds like a sin tax. here is a model on how to drive off business

·
Registered
34 Posts
Unhappy to live in the most insane state in the Union. But this is actually a step up for Chicago: until 2010 you couldn't even own a gun in the city.

And lest we forget, it was Chicago violence in 1929 (Saint Valentine's Day Massacre) that brought us the National Firearms Act of 1934. Yippee.

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is one of the MANY reasons that I hate that area of the country. They have to get a FOID card (Firearms Owner's Identification Card) just to be able to purchase a firearm. It's an absolute joke!

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is one of the MANY reasons that I hate that area of the country. They have to get a FOID card (Firearms Owner's Identification Card) just to be able to purchase a firearm. It's an absolute joke!
Not only that. We have to have a FOID card, not just to hold a firearm we might want to buy, but to buy ammo too. And this I didn't know until last week when I was in Wally World: a Walmart worker can't even touch a box of ammo to ring it up at the cash register without having a FOID card.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Not only that. We have to have a FOID card, not just to hold a firearm we might want to buy, but to buy ammo too. And this I didn't know until last week when I was in Wally World: a Walmart worker can't even touch a box of ammo to ring it up at the cash register without having a FOID card.
Even more of a joke!!

Reactions: ankle.brambledom

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's nuts, man...I saw some similar stuff when our son was at Ft. Drum, NY...
That's what I love about Free America (Deep South)...such liberty here in the area of firearms/hunting...and real college football, lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's nuts, man...I saw some similar stuff when our son was at Ft. Drum, NY...
That's what I love about Free America (Deep South)...such liberty here in the area of firearms/hunting...and real college football, lol
Gotta say I love the South too. Nicest people around. Laid back and respectful of all kinds. Southerners are like people back home (where I'm from) in the Pacific Northwest: chill and good humored -- except you talk funny! :p

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the office of their coalition now

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
a lot of people look at this as a big win and should be so but I see law suits and court actions to block it. The 7th Circuit justices also granted a 180 day stay on that decision to allow the state legislature time to pass a reasonable Right to carry law so we will see but this is a big win for gun owner all over the USA. I was looking around and found the
illnoiscarry,com and was reading how that see this victory

Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois

"... we will no longer use the power and authority of our office to criminalize and punish decent, otherwise law-abiding citizens who choose to exercise the rights granted to them by the Second Amendment of the United States’ Constitution to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and their families."

- McLean County State's Attorney Ronald C. Dozier
The official press release issued by SA Ronald Dozier goes on to state:

"As the State’s Attorney, I have to make a choice. Do I continue to enforce laws that I believe to be unconstitutional, a belief that is supported by decisions of the highest court in the land, or do I continue to prosecute citizens who run afoul of State gun laws but have no evil intent or purpose in mind? . . . I’m not willing to do that anymore—too many good people will be harmed."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts