Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so i have never owned a gun and only fired a handgun once. I am thinking about picking up a Glock 19 Gen 4, what does everyone think? good choice for a noob?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Very good Choice. Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey glock fans! I am new to this forum and have some issues with my new purchase. I just bought a used G27 but it wasnt used much. When i went to the range after firing off 5 rounds I shot the 6th round and the slide stayed open much like it would had the mag been empty. A simple pull backwards on the slide chambered the round and all was fine. Could it maybe be my hand is pushing the slide lock up when fired which would make the slide lock back. I have tried many different ways to grip it and still have the problem. Any advise would be great..Thanx!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey glock fans! I am new to this forum and have some issues with my new purchase. I just bought a used G27 but it wasnt used much. When i went to the range after firing off 5 rounds I shot the 6th round and the slide stayed open much like it would had the mag been empty. A simple pull backwards on the slide chambered the round and all was fine. Could it maybe be my hand is pushing the slide lock up when fired which would make the slide lock back. I have tried many different ways to grip it and still have the problem. Any advise would be great..Thanx!
First thought would be hand placement. Watch out that when you grip high that you aren't pushing the slide Stop. Second thing would be to remove the slide and shake the lower up and down and see if there is movement in the Slide Stop. There is a spring on the Slide Stop that presses downward against the Locking Block that should prevent it from flopping around too much. If it does then it is probably installed incorrectly. As this is a used firearm that would be a good possibility.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hello all, so i have never owned a gun and only fired a handgun once. I am thinking about picking up a Glock 19 Gen 4, what does everyone think? good choice for a noob?
Welcome aboard...that's a great choice, for sure...And Go 'Canes...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Any choice would be a good one. Welcome to the forum
This

First thought would be hand placement. Watch out that when you grip high that you aren't pushing the slide Stop. Second thing would be to remove the slide and shake the lower up and down and see if there is movement in the Slide Stop. There is a spring on the Slide Stop that presses downward against the Locking Block that should prevent it from flopping around too much. If it does then it is probably installed incorrectly. As this is a used firearm that would be a good possibility.
This

1 - 12 of 12 Posts