Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going guys - I am about to join the Glock family. Just have to make the choice on which model

I have several 1911's, revolver and beretta px4 storm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ZombieKiller - Thanks for the welcome

Trying to decide on 23 or 27, leaning toward the 27 as my everyday carry and competition piece for a change. Been carrying an Kimber Ultra Covert. I used to shoot in IDPA matches with my fullsize Kimber CDP and am looking for something different.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...Kimber guy here, too! Sounds like you've been doing your homework...You can't go wrong with either of those...Recently acquired another G23 myself...Good luck on the choice...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey ZombieKiller - Thanks for the welcome

Trying to decide on 23 or 27, leaning toward the 27 as my everyday carry and competition piece for a change. Been carrying an Kimber Ultra Covert. I used to shoot in IDPA matches with my fullsize Kimber CDP and am looking for something different.
I would presume most people here will tell you to not choose, but buy both. :) I did. I carry my 27 most of the time, but I also like having the 23 to carry as well. I will eventually move my Sig 232 off my ankle and replace it with the 27(when I get off my butt and buy the holster) and then cary the 23 in my waistband.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I guess i will throw a monkey wrench in the works and suggest the G21 and/or G36 since you are familiar with the 45acp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the responses!

Well, went with 23 from Gun show in Concord,NC on Saturday. Going to test her out tomorrow and will post up some range shots from the backyard.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome! I say buy them all, I'm working on it!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Thanks guys for all the responses!

Well, went with 23 from Gun show in Concord,NC on Saturday. Going to test her out tomorrow and will post up some range shots from the backyard.
Congradulations...I think you'll enjoy your 23 for a long time.

I have a Gen II Glock 23...and couldn't be happier! From the various rounds available for the .40 to the frame-size fitting my hand, to the accuracy that it provides (the gun is more accurate than I am), to the ease of concealable carry that it allows...I love my G-23! (Note: my wife has a Gen II G-19 in 9mm...and she absolutely loves her gun as well!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love the 23, been carrying it all weekend. I started to shoot a short time ago in the back yard ( didnt bring but the two factory mags out with me). - got 15 rounds off at 3 yds and 5 rnds at 10 yds - then a major rain storm hit.

First impression - love everything about the gun except the trigger. I am so used to the light crisp triggers on my 1911's that I would yank about every third shot. It happened several times at 3 yards put two rnds where the holes were touching each other and then the third low left ( trigger control ). Three shots at 10 yards - 1st shot 8 oclock 2-3 inches outside bullseye, 2nd shot dead center bullseye, 3rd shot 6-7 inches low left.

I violated the practice rule I had always been taught which is each shot shot be focused and serious. I went out back to run a couple of mags through it before the rains came so I didn't give Ms 23 the loving she deserved. I know its not the Glock its me, I have the same issue with my wife's Beretta PX4 Storm.

How many of you have trigger jobs done - what pull, where purchased and how much did it run you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its getting better, I have to get used to the trigger. I realized if I kept slack out trigger in between shots and didn't have a full pull after each shot my follow up shots were better. I have been trying to get ready to leave for vacation on Friday so haven't had much time to play with it.

10yds1.JPG 3yds2.JPG 3yds3.JPG

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry for the late response. Welcome to the land of misfits. Enjoy our stay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts